Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 swap need help!!! cmp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 swap need help!!! cmp sensor

Well i have my swap in already in my ws6. Only one check engine is the po342 cmp low. I am using a ls1 pcm and harness. i have swaped over ls1 injectors,ls6 manifold and the ls2 has the 24x reluctor crank ,and 1x cam gear. It was out of a 05 gto so everything was already ready to go for the swap. I bought the racetronix extension for the ls1 to ls2 camshaft sensor but has a hard to start and pops also has to be from the from the cmp code. The wires at the end of the plug have been switched for the swap or at least racetonix has done it. im wondering could it just be a bad sensor or i am i not suppose to swtich the wires around anyone please help me out
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swap the outside 2 wires on the cam sensor extension harness back. This should solve the problem. If that doesn't work, I would grab a cam position sensor. However, that sounds exactly like the wires need to be switched. Does the tach work?

Jon
Old 01-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixed it it was the wires for anyone who orders a raetronix switch the end wires around
Old 01-20-2010, 01:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tdi_hatch
fixed it it was the wires for anyone who orders a raetronix switch the end wires around

Our CSAH-2 is meant to be used with the factory LS2 cam sensor assembly which c/w the bracket and a small pigtail harness. If you eliminate this harness pins A and C will be reversed.

All our harnesses are checked via a computer system so faults are a rare occurrence.

Thanks.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: ls2 swap need help!!! cmp sensor