Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Heads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 04:47 PM
Launching!

"you get what you pay for..."
So if Patriot would have came out and cost $5,000 for a set of their heads you woulda been the first in line huh? Some people just cant stand that there is an affordable head on the market that lets the guy with less money to spend on his car play with the ones that drop 3,000 on heads
Old 12-20-2003 | 08:33 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by chety
"you get what you pay for..."
So if Patriot would have came out and cost $5,000 for a set of their heads you woulda been the first in line huh? Some people just cant stand that there is an affordable head on the market that lets the guy with less money to spend on his car play with the ones that drop 3,000 on heads
I agree a little with that. Personally, I know that if I dropped the 3k, I would have a feeling of "higher being" if you will. Which is not to say a less expensive product isn't as impressive or even better for that matter. But it sucks that Terry has been getting hammered for approaching the market with a different process, that helps save the consumer money. If it is a proven product, then it won't matter, and it will sell itself.

Right off the bat people jumped on these, winning the Thunder Shootout only helped. The dyno results are up to par IMO, though there is definately a setup out there that will out perform these, if all out is what your going for. For a street/strip car, I see these as my perfect setup. If your pondering whether to go with Patriot or GTP, I say Patriot all the way. GTPs are crap in my oppinion, and we all know about the way they have treated their customers. They are off my list, and their high prices are BS. If you are so against buying a cheaper product, go with TEA. You won't be disapointed, but I'm sick of all teh complaining

Rob
Old 12-20-2003 | 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Right on........ Ill be giving them a try. I to would like to see more track times. I talked to terry at Thunder and he is going to be selling his heads in Summit and if summit will back him and sell his heads then..... And he also has a 90 day money back garentee. Now backing your product says alot to me.
Old 12-21-2003 | 12:13 AM
Launching!

GTPs are crap huh? i dont see to many PP running 10s on motor like they are on GTP. obviously you guys dont know craig @gtp to well, that man is a genious when it comes to head work. yeah they cost $2499 for stage 2 heads(5.3L)...but they flow as well as PP stage 3 LS6 heads. if that is crap, what does that make PP?

Kyle, i hope you get the PP. that way when i go flyin by you i can remind you of what you said. but then again, i didnt expect anything worthwhile to come outta your stinkin' piehole.
Old 12-21-2003 | 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sold. Talk to ya soon Patriot. Just waiting on my profit sharing check.

LS6 Stage II Heads. Save me a set!
Old 12-21-2003 | 08:32 AM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

You will not regret your decision.
Old 12-21-2003 | 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fast SS on TNT
Thanks for the replies. The flow numbers are proof enough on how well the heads flow. My friend Rocky just bought a flowbench.
Wanna compare, dropped mine off yesterday at a local 620 flowbech. I know Terry uses a 1020 flowbech, so I'm expecting a little difference.

Side note, if you don't like Patriot heads, shut the hell up please, your killing my bandwidth.
Old 12-21-2003 | 11:16 AM
Launching!

no one is hating on PP, i only see post hating on GTP. if you cant afford GTP, dont slander the product because you dont have the cash. thats just like sayin' PP sucks cuz they are cheap...get the point?
Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Wanna compare, dropped mine off yesterday at a local 620 flowbech. I know Terry uses a 1020 flowbech, so I'm expecting a little difference.

Side note, if you don't like Patriot heads, shut the hell up please, your killing my bandwidth.
Old 12-21-2003 | 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
no one is hating on PP, i only see post hating on GTP. if you cant afford GTP, dont slander the product because you dont have the cash. thats just like sayin' PP sucks cuz they are cheap...get the point?
you brought up the you get what you pay for thing

not to mention you also brought up the fact that a $1800 cylinder head from patriot will flow the same if not better as a $2500 head from GTP

Old 12-21-2003 | 12:32 PM
Launching!

and for your info i could afford any head i wanted but i bought patriot cause they are proven and hell with the $1,000 i saved i can buy more stuff.
Old 12-21-2003 | 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

GTP may well port a good cylinder head, but the folks I know who have had "less than stellar" customer service after problems cropped up have prevented me from ever considering them. If/when I change from my circa-2000 stage II locally ported 806 castings to something better, I am very seriously looking to a set of Patriot's ... Everyone that has dealt with Terry has had nothing but wonderful things to say.
Old 12-21-2003 | 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I HAD Patriot Stage II's on my car - now I have TEA Stage 1.5's.
Old 12-21-2003 | 01:12 PM
Launching!

read carefully Tally: GTP S2+(5.3L heads) flow as good as PP LS6(<read LS6) heads. and i did say you get what you pay for and that proves it. imagine what a GTP S3, MTI LS6, or TEA 2.5 head can do. they are not as cheap as PP but definately will outflow.

Chety, how are they proven? track times? you can play the "they dyno higher so they must be better" game, but the simple truth is track times prove eveything. nuff said.
Old 12-21-2003 | 01:40 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Like I said, there may be other heads out there that outflow the PP LS6 heads, but for a street setup, they are not too far behind. In fact they are perfect for a street driven setup, the price is fair, and the product has had no problems as of recently. Sure if I had an extra 3k TEA LS6 heads would be awesome, but the Pats don't flow poorly, and they fit the bill for most enthusiasts needs/plans.

I agree with track times obviously, I feel the dyno wars are pointless, they are just numbers to impress. But there are plenty of people on here running these heads with real decent track times in the low 11s.

If you have the money, sure go for the best. But you if you can settle for a little less, at a great price, and a quality product, this is your buy.
Old 12-21-2003 | 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

what a lot of people don't remember about ls6 heads is that they have a bigger port volume than a 5.3 head. so for the same flow you will not make as much power. the smaller port that flows the same will have better velocity and therefore be a better head. i think that PPLS6 heads are a good head and a very good choice for many people. i just wanted to make sure that this info was out there so people can make a well informed decision.
Old 12-21-2003 | 02:42 PM
Launching!

they are proven to me. I don't have time to go to the track and the only racing i do is the every now and then race on the streets and i have yet to be let down by these heads or my setup. And no track times are not everything. Alot of factors are put in for track times like a dyno. I bet i could strip my car down to just a drivers seat and no other comfort features and go out when its 30 degrees out on slicks and get in the 10's. Ya know track times have alot of different variables like track prep,temp,traction,how hard you launch,altittude,weight of car, but people forget this we have 2 tracks around here and one is about 2 tenths faster than the other.
SSee Ya
Chet

Last edited by chety; 12-21-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2003 | 04:12 PM
Launching!

true, to each his own.
Old 12-21-2003 | 05:06 PM
Teching In

i would say AFR. they have been around for many years and they come out of the box cnc ported.
Old 12-21-2003 | 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MONGOOSEWS7
i would say AFR. they have been around for many years and they come out of the box cnc ported.
Patriot Heads are also out of the box CNC ported.

As far as flow numbers go,to compare flow numbers all of them would have to be tested on the same bench.At that time we all could see the real difference in the numbers.Our track times speak for themselves.
Old 12-21-2003 | 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
I got the point there monkey . Because if I'd wanted GTP heads, then I would've dropped the cash and waited....... But, because I didn't get 1/10th the run around from Terry as compared to GTP, JPR, or TEA I'm happy with my purchase