Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which cam for my set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Which cam for my set up

Hi guys For starters I will list all my mods and listen to your guy's advice/opinions/input on the proper cam for my set up. I have a 2002 ws6 with 24k miles and a 6spd. I have a monster stage 3 clutch and upgraded heavy duty slave/throw out bearing and I also went with their lightened billet flywheel. I have a beautiful set of lpp long tube stainless headers with a non catted y pipe flowing into a Magnaflow stainless steel cat back. On the the top side of the engine I have an SLP Z06 mass, slp lid with with speed inc filter 90 mm Edelbrock throttle body with a 90 degree edelbrock elbow and the victor junior manifold with there fuel rails. I also went with msd wires and ngk 6 plugs. Car also has an aem wide band on it for future use of a nitrous system. My other plans include switching to e85 when it comes time for the new tune. Other then that I basically use the car as a weekend warrior hit a few local cruise spots few races/stoplight wars etc. I have my regular vehicles to drive day to day so let me know whet you guy's think. I have been thinking of either the ms4 or the polluter I love the sound of both. Thanks for any and all help/Direction
Old 01-23-2010, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact The Guys @ Virginia Speed And They Will Spec A Cam For Ya For Sure. They Are Good To Work With And Know What They Are Talkin About. You Won't Be Disappointed, I Promise.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The 228 cams work great. They have good HP/TQ and with a good tune drive like stock.

I have a Torquer V2 on a AT and M6 car and after the 228 cams you really need a gear in the M6 to get the bottom end back in the car.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the Torquer v2. I believe next time around I'm gonna go with The Polluter, unless another badass grind catches my eye before then. I wouldn't drive something much bigger than mine without gears tho, mind you I'm also still on the stock tune. The specs for the Torquer are 232/234 .595" .598" 112 LSA +4