Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Car Won't idle when hot!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Car Won't idle when hot!

So when I start the car and drive it, its fine. Its when I stop and try to start it again while its still hot that it wont idle. Now if I let it cool down and start it again it idles just fine! Not to mention my gas mileage has gotten pretty bad, about 100 miles to a tank. Anyone got any ideas? I've checked all the vaccum lines and replaced all of the ones that had cracks in them, etc.

2001 Z28 67k miles, A4, TrickFlow Heads, Cam, Fast, Boltons, Forged 347

Any help is appreciated, this just started about a week ago. There also seems to be some moisture in the valve covers, but none in the oil! Im at my wits end with this car, and if I cant figure it out I might blow it up lol
Old 01-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Nobody has any clue?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

What is the temp guage doing? When you say it won't idle, the car sputters and dies out? Or it won't start at all once its warm? If you give it a little gas, can you make it hold an idle and not turn off? Had you done anything to the car recently before this started?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by matrik
What is the temp guage doing? When you say it won't idle, the car sputters and dies out? Or it won't start at all once its warm? If you give it a little gas, can you make it hold an idle and not turn off? Had you done anything to the car recently before this started?
Temp gauge is normal, and when I say it wont idle its just that. I have to give it gas to get it going and when the rpms come down the car turns off. The only thing i've done to the car is replace the oil pressure sending unit and radiator. I've checked and rechecked every vaccum line, sensor and bolt. Everything is as it should be, at this point im thinking its time for a 414
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Got it! Coolant crossover tube was extremely loose on the passenger side head! Runs like a champ now