Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow direct fit Cats

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Magnaflow direct fit Cats

Can anyone tell me if the direct fit Cats made by Magnaflow will show me any improvement vs the stock Cats? I live in California, so the cats in the original position is a must. I am currently running JBA shorties to the stock cats out the back joined by an SLP y-pipe and cat back Magnaflow system. Just wondering if these suppose high flow cats are simply a shinny and nicely finished version of the stockers........
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Not sure how much, but they undoubtedly will. I went from stock ones, to the direct fit Magnaflows and noticed more sound and thought I may have "felt" a seat of the pants gain as well. I did have heads and cam, but even on a stock car they would be an improvement. They have less holes per square inch than the stock ones and have a much smoother design, so they will definately be an improvement. When my longtubes come off, I will be buying the Magnaflow direct fit's again.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Redneck,
Thanks for answering my post. I remember you saying that you wanted to buy the same cats and being that we both live in California, we can not have them shipped directly. You did answer my question regarding better then the original equipment cats. I am currently running the JBA shorties which were new along with the crate ls6 5k miles ago. People keep say trash the shorties and go with Lt headers, but I can not see removing these expensive and nicely finished shorties for such a small return in terms of the cost ratio. The stock LS6 engine with these shorties is quite an amazing beasts AND its just idles and purrrssssssssss at 500rpms. Thanks again for your post, I will buy these units.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow direct fit Cats