Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed motor? Come on in

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
Bought my forged 347ci from them back in 05 and have never had a problem with it.10,000 miles of boost and running strong. Changing my blower pully and adding meth in about a week, hopping to hit my goal of 600hp up here in this thin air. Not worried about my bottom end one bit.
your 317's are they stock? what PSI are you running at?
Originally Posted by tording99Z28
I think you guys have convinced me to go the Texas speed route. They seem to have better prices than anybody on motors and very few of you have indicated you had any problems and when you did it sounds like they fixed it which means they have good customer service.
not sure how true this is but i saw on another site i'm on that sunset racecraft are actually the ones who build the engines you get from texas-speed and scoggin dickey, so in other words they are a distribution centers just going off what i was told
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slowfbody

not sure how true this is but i saw on another site i'm on that sunset racecraft are actually the ones who build the engines you get from texas-speed and scoggin dickey, so in other words they are a distribution centers just going off what i was told
That is true.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting. Good to know.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My 317's are ported/polished, stainless valves, dual springs, and titanium retainers. I see 10#'s of boost max right now, should be in the 14-15 #'s with the pully swaping.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone! OP: Let us know if we can help with your build!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
That is true.
We are not distribution centers for another builder's shortblocks. We both use the same elite machine shop (one of THE top machine shops in the country) but that is the only connections. The machine shop prepares and assembles our shortblocks to our individually supplied specs with our supplied parts. We do not buy and resell another shop's shortblocks as our own, we have our own custom shortblocks assembled by one of the best machine shops in the country in order to provide the best possible product to our customers.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 03-02-2010, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by conan
My 317's are ported/polished, stainless valves, dual springs, and titanium retainers. I see 10#'s of boost max right now, should be in the 14-15 #'s with the pully swaping.
what compression ratio are you running and what pistons?
Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
We are not distribution centers for another builder's shortblocks. We both use the same elite machine shop (one of THE top machine shops in the country) but that is the only connections. The machine shop prepares and assembles our shortblocks to our individually supplied specs with our supplied parts. We do not buy and resell another shop's shortblocks as our own, we have our own custom shortblocks assembled by one of the best machine shops in the country in order to provide the best possible product to our customers.
my apologies, i didn't mean to refer you or TSP as distribution centers
Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what compression ratio are you running and what pistons?

my apologies, i didn't mean to refer you or TSP as distribution centers
Mahle pistons with -4cc relief. Compression is around 9.4:1

http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/176

http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/193
Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Texas Speed built built my forged LS7 in my Z06. Great customer service and a great product as well!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Never bought a motor from them, but what I have bought from them I have loved! Good prices and service if you go about it the right way!

Quick Reply: Texas Speed motor? Come on in