Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a question

Instead of getting new pushrods for every cam change to get proper preload why can't you just take a thin piece of sheet metal and drill the rocker bolt holes and slide it under the rocker arms to come up with proper preload? I have done it and it does work just wanted to know what you alls thoughts positive and negative are.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would think shimming the rocker would also change the wipe pattern as well as the pr length. if you can shim and maintain the correct pattern i would think it would be the proper way assuming both the wipe and preload happened to match up that way
Old 02-26-2010, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by outkast6991
i would think shimming the rocker would also change the wipe pattern as well as the pr length. if you can shim and maintain the correct pattern i would think it would be the proper way assuming both the wipe and preload happened to match up that way
I'm running the comp r lifters and just received brand new gm rockers with the harland sharp trunion upgrade. I know if you raise the rocker up too high the swipe pattern would be way off, too close to rocker side.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll put it this way, you shouldn't do it... But I have lol I did my cam swap and milled heads. I ordered a pushrod checker when I ordered the cam and shimed my rockers till the right pushrods came in. If your wipe patteren is still good I don't see why you couldn't just leave the shims in though