Sponsored by:

Cam tuners please step in

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam tuners please step in

Hello guys,
I just recently bought a TSP 231/237 on a 112* cam with the springs, retainers, seats ect. I have a 02 T/A with a M6, corsa catbackand a ls1 ms airlid. I have plans on getting Lt's around the same time I install this cam, but I was concerned with the driveability of this cam on a stock tune. Would this work or not on a stock tune? I live in Northeastern Wyoming where there is nothing but hicks, pickups, snow tires and mudflaps . So I really can't look to anyone in the area for any tuning advise or help. Is there any shops close to this area who can dyno/tune ls1s? What do you guys think I should do? I have the option of doing A: run on a stock tune and wait till I find a reputable shop to tune it B: Do a basic tune to edit the hot/cold starts, idle and rev limiter along with any other basic stuff or C: Do a full mail order tune from TSP. What do you guys think? How much do you typically gain from a full mail tune over a basic tune? Also, do you guys suggest replacing the timing chain over the stock one and will the stock lifters handle the spring pressure involved with the crane dual valve springs which I believe are good to .650 lift. Your input is greatly appreciated guys and thanks for the help! Sincerely
Chris
Old 12-30-2003, 11:44 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

out of those options i'd go with the mail order tune from TSP, just call them up and tell them your mods and what not and im sure they can get a tune for you to get you on your way. then sometime down the road you can take your car somewhere and have your car fine tuned on the dyno. and yes i'd replace the timing chain, get a double, can be had for 80 bucks from SDPC. stock lifters will be fine.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Either the TSP tune or get Edit yourself..There is enough info here to tune your car.Just takes time.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JASON AT TSP....dont do anything else
Old 12-31-2003, 06:06 AM
11 Second Club

I'm running a mail order tune from Jason at TSP. He's the one you need to talk to, he's tune a load of these cams.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say get edit and tune it your self. For the future you will want to have ls1edit and you will pay almost the same price for a mail order tune.