Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Drop

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil Pressure Drop

We installed a cam on my brothers '01 Z28 about two months ago and yesterday when he was coming home from work he told me that his oil pressure dropped to zero all of a sudden and then the car cut off on him. He turned it back on and the oil pressure went back up, and drove it home. Any body know what might be causing this problem? This is the first time it happened. Here's what we installed in the car:
MS4 cam, LS7 lifters, PRC Stage 1 LS6 heads, ported LS6 oil pump, and double roller timing chain.
All new gaskets were used, and again, he has been driving the car for about two months now, and this is the first time it happened. Thank in advance.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

probably the o ring on the pickup tube....
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to take a look at my brothers car and when I tried starting it the engine turned over, but didn't start. After turning the engine for a few seconds I starting smelling gas from the back of the car and checked the fuel line for fuel and no fuel was going up. Were going to be replacing the fuel filter tomorrow to see if that works(crossing fingers).
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
probably the o ring on the pickup tube....
I would lean this way too, although its wierd it would be just now happening.

Might could be losing some oil pressure if whoever installed the cam was rough removing and installing the cam, beating up the cam bearings (probably not though, would have to be pretty rough I would think.