Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 n00b

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ls1 n00b

hey guys, I am a fellow rotary owner and i think its time i venture into the ls1 world!! Im not too familiar with piston engines as i have always worked on rotarys so i need some well guided info, well im about to purchase a 2000 z28 and i gotta couple Q's.
I know i will have some money left over and plan on adding some bolt ons.

the bolt ons i plan on putting in are some ported 243 heads, ls6 intake, slp lid, and a cam, and of course exhaust and headers. Im not too sure what cam i should purchase as this is going to be a daily driver. also should i get bigger injectors? and do any of you guys with a similar setup to this have some dynos of how much power you put down? 400 to the wheels would be mighty fine .

I also am not to familiar with some DECENT ls1 tuners here in souther california. any info to help is appreciated . thanks

-mitch
Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you have a good grasp on the fundamentals. Cam choice is a personal thing. Do you want a high power band, low end torque, good power under the curve, peak number, ect? As you can see thats a open ended question without knowing what kind of driver you want to make out of it. Injectors and fuel pump would most likely be insurance but may not be needed. Check in the regional sections for tuners in CA. or use the search feature for sponsors near your zip code. Get used to not having to work on the engine as often as a rotary's (j/k). Slp lid is not needed all lids perform close to equal, don't jump to slp stuff just for the name. And Pacesetters are arguably the most popular header do to decent quality, fitment and cost. Careful in CA for the emissions **** you have to deal with so you don't fail with headers. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Teching In

i would think something with some low end torque, im not used to having torque, lol.

yeah i would want the car to be completely smog legal. pacesetters are smog legal correct, can you get them at a big distributor such as jegs?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TSP ,WS6 store,vengeance racing .scroll down to vendor sale sections and shop around.check out the part for sale buy members .check the dyno threads for power numbers and combos.