Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine bogging down

I have a 1998 WS6 and the other day while driving it suddenly stopped... it would fire back up but as soon as you'd put it i first gear while still holding in the clutch the car would bog down and basically stall and not be able to move anywhere. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and i could drive it about 50 feet and then it started doing it again... It would start up fine and as soon as you'd step on the gas it would spike up to 3000 rpm and then to 100 rpm acting lkike it wasn't getting any gas.... any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masgvl
I have a 1998 WS6 and the other day while driving it suddenly stopped... it would fire back up but as soon as you'd put it i first gear while still holding in the clutch the car would bog down and basically stall and not be able to move anywhere. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and i could drive it about 50 feet and then it started doing it again... It would start up fine and as soon as you'd step on the gas it would spike up to 3000 rpm and then to 100 rpm acting lkike it wasn't getting any gas.... any suggestions?
Whip out your fuel pressure gauge, get a reading at idle, and report back.

If you're about to type "I don't have one" stop now, and go spend $20 on one.