Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my ls1 build questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ls1 build questions

im building a ls1 up i bought a ls1 short block with JE pistons, i beleive they're the standard C:R with 2cc valve reliefs (flat tops) 10:1-11:1 .... Crower I beam rods with ARP bolts for the Ls1, standard length, excellent shape. now im looking for high numbers on motor.. i will also have a 200 shot in the car but my question for you guys is what heads should i put on with what cam .. i use the car for a weekend car not a DD but when its nice out i do drive it . and what suporting mods will NEED to be done and which will just help make good numbers. and what numbers should i see with this set up on motor?? thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

ttt.....
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a pretty good writeup on what you're looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=500+recipe+hp
Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 AM

yes i like that writeup, lengthy but very nice very nice...i wont take a stab at the numbers of the setup..but here are some parts you requested that are deemed necessary:
-timing chain...i used a double roller by comp..but some get the LS2 single roller
-ls6 oil pump, depending on mileage of the vehicle
-chromemoly pushrods (likely the 7.4 inch)
-ARP head bolts
-Good head gaskets...these vary from person to person....don't go cheap there
-I think the longer crank bolt from ARP is necessary (really helps in installation of balancer)
-quality springs...these vary from the person and also vary due to lifts from different cams..make sure you can match em up...look at comp 921 for example.

I don't know what cam and head you should go with..that is up to you...i went with a F13 and smoothed 243 LS6 heads...if you wanna take a listen, my car is on youtube at idle here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tskKVcOuApQ . I spoke with one of the Futral fellows before buying my cam and he assured it also would perform with a moderate NOS setup as well...let me know if i can help ya out any more!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bowe1632
yes i like that writeup, lengthy but very nice very nice...i wont take a stab at the numbers of the setup..but here are some parts you requested that are deemed necessary:
-timing chain...i used a double roller by comp..but some get the LS2 single roller
-ls6 oil pump, depending on mileage of the vehicle
-chromemoly pushrods (likely the 7.4 inch)
-ARP head bolts
-Good head gaskets...these vary from person to person....don't go cheap there
-I think the longer crank bolt from ARP is necessary (really helps in installation of balancer)
-quality springs...these vary from the person and also vary due to lifts from different cams..make sure you can match em up...look at comp 921 for example.
I don't know what cam and head you should go with..that is up to you...i went with a F13 and smoothed 243 LS6 heads...if you wanna take a listen, my car is on youtube at idle here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tskKVcOuApQ . I spoke with one of the Futral fellows before buying my cam and he assured it also would perform with a moderate NOS setup as well...let me know if i can help ya out any more!
what kinda numbers did you make on that set up and the car sounds nice
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
There's a pretty good writeup on what you're looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=500+recipe+hp
wow thanks man that helped out a lot how can i get a set of heads done like that
Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

tttttttttttttttttttttttttt