Buying a single piston? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a single piston?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Staging Lane

Default Buying a single piston?

Hey guys, I ordered a set of 4.8l Speed Pro pistons from Summit, well turns out they only had 7 of the 8 I needed and cant get any more for a while. Does anyone know where I would be able to order just one single piston? (pn; H855cp) I just need this last one but everywhere I have seen only sells them in sets of 8. Thanks for any help.
70TWO NOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
TECH Fanatic

Did you try asking summit? Most places don't advertise singles, but if you ask, they will sell them. Otherwise, you might have to go straight to the manufacturer. I had to but a couple from Mahle a while back.
fast377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast377 View Post
Did you try asking summit? Most places don't advertise singles, but if you ask, they will sell them. Otherwise, you might have to go straight to the manufacturer. I had to but a couple from Mahle a while back.
yeah like I said, Summit is the place where I ordered all 8, but they only had 7 and it will take too long for them to order any more since they are not a common ordered part. (sounded like they dont plan on ordering any more because they just dont sell many of them) How did you go about ordering strait from the source? Ive tried ordering things from the manufacturer but they usually wont sell to an individual.
70TWO NOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic

I googled Mahle's number, and just called them. They tried to get me to order it from one of their vendors, but that vendor tried to screw me...so Mahle allowed me to order direct.

Speed Pro is a Federal Mogul product...and they are a pretty large firm, so it might be difficult to order direct from them. I would just google their number and give them a call. What's it going to hurt?
fast377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
350z, buy, buying, piston, single