Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double roller install...comp cams LIED

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Double roller install...comp cams LIED

I bought the double roller T-chain kit. I read the directions and was concerned that no where do they state that the pick-up tube needs to be moved to accomodate the spacers for the oil pump. So I called and yes he said the tube doesn't need to be moved. Well after everything, THEY WERE WRONG. I have a gap where the tube mounts to the oil pump. So I may have to drop the pan after all. I know I'm not the first or the last to do this swap.
This was another reason why I stuck with a LS2 chain.

I'm upset about this. What I may do is put on a little RTV in there to prevent as little air if any passing the seal. Not sure yet, sounds like a rig job but if I clean it well it should seal just in case.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I put my roll master in, I had to slot the mounting tab for the pickup tube, If you have a gap even a hair gap in the tube to pump housing and are thinking about filling it with RTV Take a slow breath and step away from the car... YOU are begging for disaster. If you choose to stay with the double roller and you do not have proper alignment of the tube to properly seal the tube to the pump you will have a blown engine on your hands.. Period
Pull the pan, and slot the tab or go back with a single roller,, Also are you sure your cover doesnt hit the pump,, Mine did I had to clearance the heck out of it. The double roller is a stout piece but after all the work it took to make mine fit, I wouldnt do it again. Dont let that 150 dollar part cost you thousands....
Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know. I knew I was going to set a reply like that....I know knotch the bolt hole to slide the tube forward a hair.

Then why does comp say they do it all the time...so long as you use the blue Oring...whatever!!

Quick Reply: Double roller install...comp cams LIED