Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas Ideas

Ok well im planning on completely revamping my motor this summer and adding some nice improvements. So first i was thinking bout the MS4 cam with some PRC heads, not sure which ones i wana go with yet but i know i want that cam since i wont be DD the car nemore. The car has roughly 141000 on it now so i plan on refreshing the motor to go along with the performance mods. Its a M6 with a ram stage 3 clutch already, and i plan on upgrading the rear end to some 4.10s but not sure if i should do gears or get a 9 inch, just will take some time to save up. im wanting to be around 450 hp or so anyone have any other ideas or possibly a better setup that will do this? Also a reason i want the MS4 cam is because of the lope and sound along with the performance it gains.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

dont remember what section i saw the thread but vengance racing has a good kit that will put you were you want to be i belive,acctualy heres a link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...75-hp-kit.html
Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the MS4, if you do not want to flycut your pistons, you have 2 choices in the PRC head line-up.

Best: PRC 215's (aftermarket casting).
Good: PRC Stage 1 LS6's (Ported GM casting).

While the ported GM castings are a nice way to go, and they are definitely easier on your pocket book, the aftermarket castings offer some nice advantages over them. The laid over valve angle of the 215's gives you some additional piston to valve clearance, while still getting you the extra airflow from the larger valve size. Also, the 215's have a thicker deck surface that will grow with you into new combos, particularly big power adders, down the road.

Let us know if we can answer any questions you might have about the PRC line-up! We'd love to earn your business!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

yea ive been looking on your site and love the numbers the MS4 puts down, but ive heard horror stories about the LS6 heads in the past. The PRC heads look nice but not sure which flow specs i should get, cause im definantly not wanting to flycut the pistons. Also do you guys sell the stock LS1 oil pans?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We can order the oil pan, but don't stock them typically.

The Stage 1 LS6's are the only ones of that casting that will clear without flycutting. Stage 2's or 3's you'd definitely have to cut reliefs!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

i work on my own car and everything is relatively easy, but ive looked up flycutting and it seems pretty straight forward as long as you measure correctly. But my question is will it give me a noticeable difference with the stage two heads compared to the stage one? i mean my car isnt a drag car by any means and i want more power along with gaining the most from my purchase.

Last edited by Z28LS1camaroguy; 05-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.