Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some problems and solutions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some problems and solutions...

So got a new tune on the car and hit the dyno.. no complaints.. car is driving perfect.. But now it sound like my lifters are ticking.. well just one...

So gonna swap out my worn out stock ls1 lifters with 145k miles on them for some shiney new LS7 or Caddy lifters...

So i think to myself if im gonna be tearing into the block and taking the heads off might as well get some nice ones.

I'm running a 242/244 610/612 112lsa+4 cam fairly new installed in Feb. What heads would yall recomend? I have a few ideas but would like some outside input. Also gonna be swapping my restrictive tired ol LS1 intake for a FAST 90mm with matching Nick Williams TB.

So in summery...

Sound like lifters?
What heads?
Love you!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody can answer the head question until we know what you wanna spend.

And stay away from the caddy lifters. People have had lots of problems with them.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:19 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Since your cam is so large you are kind of limited when it comes to aftermarket heads. You are basically looking at either a full aftermarket casting head such as a PRC 215, AFR, or TFS. These heads have a thicker casting which allows for more piston to valve clearance.

If those are not in your budget then you can go with something like a ported 243 casting but keep the stock valves so you can maintain ample piston to valve clearance.

LS7 lifters work really well for that kind of setup.