Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifter valley screens?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004 | 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Default lifter valley screens?

I was thinking of installing screen in the lifter valley (in the oil drain back holes) to keep debris/rocker bearings from working their way down into the motor. Has anyone else done this and if so where did you get the screen and epoxy to install them?

I was also thinking of polishing the interior of the block to improve oil drain back to the oil pan. Has anyone done this?

Are there any other "free/cheap" mods I can do to the block (LS1) that would possibly improve the performance/life expectancy/etc....?
Old 01-13-2004 | 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

I'm sure you could get a screen kit from summit or jegs. i've seen them in there before.
Old 01-13-2004 | 08:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
I was thinking of installing screen in the lifter valley (in the oil drain back holes) to keep debris/rocker bearings from working their way down into the motor. Has anyone else done this and if so where did you get the screen and epoxy to install them?

I was also thinking of polishing the interior of the block to improve oil drain back to the oil pan. Has anyone done this?

Are there any other "free/cheap" mods I can do to the block (LS1) that would possibly improve the performance/life expectancy/etc....?

Moroso makes screen kits for the small block and big block Chevy engines. The small block kit won't work but the screens in the big block kit may be just large enough to cover the front and rear valley drain back holes in the LS1. The kit includes epoxy - Moroso 25001

An alternative would be to leave out the screens and use magnets instead. These are epoxied to the block and or inside of the heads to collect magnetic debris. Moroso has this kit as well - Moroso 22710

Quick Reply: lifter valley screens?