Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another LM7 swap and noob with ??????S

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another LM7 swap and noob with ??????S

ok im buying a 04 LM7 for my 240sx im trying to make fast im gonna put and LS6 intake and acessory brackets to make it look like the real deal but can i perform like it too?

*i wanna know do i use the truck harness and ecu/m or can i run a camaro harness and ecu or LM7 and ls1 ecu interchangable with the 5.3?

*do i swap injectors to use the camaro harness?

*how much can a 5.3 pump out still being a 5.3?

*is it possible to run a MTI X1 cam

*do i have to change the whole valvetrain or just springs and pushrods?

sorry if im noob status but i wanna get sum 411 before i buy this motor if its worth the 600 then ill do but if it equals more than an ls1 then ima save for a couple months the power im trying to laydown is between 350-380 at the wheels is that too much for a 5.3 or no? im not trying to be the fastes in the world i jus want sum gm horsepower under the hood of my car my lil ka24e is in good shape but it needs to retire i might do a ka-t for another s13 but i want someone to give me some advice on my LM7 idea

i dont want 2.4l nomore
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love to see American Muscle in a ricer LOL. It will be a fun car!!

Originally Posted by dat925stunna
ok im buying a 04 LM7 for my 240sx im trying to make fast im gonna put and LS6 intake and acessory brackets to make it look like the real deal but can i perform like it too?

*i wanna know do i use the truck harness and ecu/m or can i run a camaro harness and ecu or LM7 and ls1 ecu interchangable with the 5.3?Either one will work. You will need a tune if you use a LS1 pcm but if you are putting a cam in it will need to be tuned anyway

*do i swap injectors to use the camaro harness? If you are gonna run a cam bigger injectors are a good idea. I sold my stock 28.5 #'s for $50

*how much can a 5.3 pump out still being a 5.3? Your goal of 350rwhp can be met on a stock bottom.

*is it possible to run a MTI X1 cam I would run something a little smaller like a TR224 or 224/228 and mill to bring the CR up as much as possible . A stock 5.3 has 9.5-1 CR so it needs help there.... But yes that MTI X1 will fit

*do i have to change the whole valvetrain or just springs and pushrods?Springs and PR's if you run beehive + retainers/locks if you need doubles

sorry if im noob status but i wanna get sum 411 before i buy this motor if its worth the 600 then ill do but if it equals more than an ls1 then ima save for a couple months the power im trying to laydown is between 350-380 at the wheels is that too much for a 5.3 or no? im not trying to be the fastes in the world i jus want sum gm horsepower under the hood of my car my lil ka24e is in good shape but it needs to retire i might do a ka-t for another s13 but i want someone to give me some advice on my LM7 idea

i dont want 2.4l nomore
Old 05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody?

Quick Reply: another LM7 swap and noob with ??????S