Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I got water in the Engine

Old 07-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I got water in the Engine

The check engine light flashes, which I know is a misfire. So I pulled the plugs and the driver side plugs looked normal, but the passenger side plugs were all black on that side. Next I changed all the plugs and changed the oil. My car has some black smoke come out the exhaust as well. I am thinking the 02 sensor may have gotten messed up from the black smoke. Whats the best way to clean the sensors and can my engine be saved ?

Right now after changing the oil and plugs it seems to run ok, but still some black smoke out the exhaust

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Im thinking since all the pass side plugs were black that you probably have a bad o2 sensor. If the sensor reads that its lean( when its really not) then the computer will dump fuel on the effected bank to try to richen it up. replace that sensor before you ruin your new plugs.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

That's exactly what just popped into my head that the 02 sensor went bad from the water. You think the plugs will be alright? I drove it like a mile or two since I changed them. I am going to change the 02 sensors before I drive it again.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Launching!

you should be fine on the plugs. and just incase you didnt know only change the front sensors. the rears are not used for fuel trim.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man. Yea the rear 02's just make sure the cats are working, but I have them deleted with the tune anyways.

Search this Thread