Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any help plz.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any help plz.

hey ls1. only posted here a few times about a corvette that was recently bought (mainly stock:/...)

these questions partain to my 5.7L hemi ram. i know wrong forum and such but alot of truck forums just have a bunch of yahoos who speak out of there rear ends sometimes. or people who give ideas on what THEY thinks best without any facts. and half the crap doesnt even seem logical.
i know you guys know your stuff here so its always where i look.
anyway i asked a few days ago i asked about 2 different sets of headers for my truck. finally got answers. they were 2wd and 4wd models lol

now im trying to figure out the rest. basicly what i have ready to order is this.
ceramic pacesetter long tubes and 3" ORY
http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=8979

my plan right now is pacesetter lts, gutted stock cats, paceseter 3" y-pipe, 3" si/so dumped magnaflow.
but now i saw this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Y0xfansVU
and i ask what about a true dual system. i know it will out perform the ypipe setup. but what about low end?
if i got lt headers, gutted stock cats, 2 1/2" true duals, 2 1/2" di/so magnaflow would it be better?
basicly ill copy his setup with a di/so muffler.
its for a quadcab shortbed 2wd street truck, it doesnt ever haul or tow anything.
its got a 2"/4" drop with all supporting mods. (cai,udp,e-fan,180 t-stat) it will be cammed right after christmas as well.
long term goals for the truck is to pull 13.5 all motor and be a dialy driver. a few of these trucks are around but i cant find the guys who drive or built them.

so guys any help/advice before i pull the trigger. plz and thank you very much.
and again sorry for the off topic car:/....but hey i still own a Ls1 and i admire all your guys knowledge on this stuff. one day ill be this good
thanks in advanced guys

Last edited by w227; 07-27-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Theirs off road X pipes! I think that's what there call
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Teching In

this is the only guy i can find and even get some info out of about setups and such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmskQNkx-nA
hes running a 214/218 inertia spartan cam. and pulling 13.2-13.4 on slicks.

hes got 3" true duals, h-pipe, cut outs, 3" di/so magnaflow with 4" pipe dumped after rear axle.
my fears are thats its far to big for me.
hes got the same bolt ons as i do. expect hes got cams/heads and he put down 370rwhp/390ftlbs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbvCFcWs8VQ

i plan on a 218/218 inertia spartan cam and heads. but even then i think its to big.
anyway guys let me get your opinions. im sure theres very useful info to be shared. thanks again guys.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Teching In

no pacesetter only sells a y pipe. if thats what you ment?

and if your talking about the video.?
hes got lt headers, hi-flo cats, and piping into that muffler.
hes not running no x or h pipe.
you can see his piping clearly if you looking towards the front of the truck.
but thats why im asking...true duals, y pipe? x pipe?
id asume for scavenging and such a x or h would be mandatory.

EDIT: ive been searching and found this
http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...exh/index.html

so most of my questions are now answered. besides for pipe diameter?

any advice on how big of piping i should have for a y setup. for about 350rwhp? and still keep it very torquey?

Last edited by w227; 07-27-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: i searched a little harder:D
Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried clicking on the Performance Trucks tab at the top of your screen? That's where all the non-yahoo truck guys hang out.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Teching In

lol yes and theres not much action...
i was actually talking about dodge ram forums specificly lol...

but anywho
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally IF you looking for a custom setup, you often want a local guy fab it all up right off the header. IMO if you are not fearing the smog police, just straight pipe it to the muffler and the fab guy can make basically anything you want.

THE ONLY HITCH is that you may get guys who have to follow emission requirements will not do a system LIKE that. Gutted cats creat turbulence, so IF you can get them to take the gutted shell, slice in half have a stright pipe put inbetween to create an illusion. This is another option.

For a true duel, on a stockish motor, you should need no more then 2.5" Some have done 3" just make sure its tuned accordingly due to the new found flow and any SES lights due to the fact that the computer is reading similar Mv values on the O2 sensors.