Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual rollmaster broke

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver408z
If you want my opion take the motor out now and have it gone through. A valve hitting a piston can cause enough damage to bend a rod or mess up the rod bearing. I had a intake valve seat fall out and then it caused the valve to hit the piston. Every thing looked ok and I tried to just replace the place the piston and the heads. After it was back together and I saw there was oil preasure issues. It all had to come back out. Take it out now and have the rods and bearings checked now imo.
**** man, i can't afford that, and then again can i afford not to, this is work thats done for me in a workshop, i'm a carpenter with not that much mechanical knowledge or the hoist & tools to do this.

Have just ordered replacement parts from TSP + N/W 96mmTB & Fast 102intake, they've quoted a 'Fast 102TB' though, i would rather the N/Wtb as i have an aftermarket ECU & don't wish tuning issues with the Fast 102tb.

Now my pockets near on dry & still have to pay for getting it all fixed and retuned.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Can't understand why they would be lighter as they are a budget performance head,

Lighter would be sodium filled valves which these won't be.
Maybe he got them mixed up or something. SS valves should be heavier than stock right?

EDIT: Nevermind, this fool was comparing the TSP valves to some old SBC valves.

Last edited by team39763; 08-08-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by team39763
Maybe he got them mixed up or something. SS valves should be heavier than stock right?

EDIT: Nevermind, this fool was comparing the TSP valves to some old SBC valves.
Sweet as, this was comparing standed LS1 valves against TSPs 5.3ltr stg 2.5 Have since been told by Trevor 'tsp' that they get theirs made for the heads,

I have no idea what difference there is though

Quick Reply: Dual rollmaster broke