Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid lifter questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solid lifter questions

I'm looking at switching over to a solid lifter setup. What is the widest solid lifter you can put in a ls2 block? I think the stock is .842, so what do you need done to run a wider diameter? What is the advantage of going through all that machining? How much shorter is the lifetime of solid lifters rather than hydraulic lifters? Does the width improve that life drastically? What is the cost on the machine work needed? If the lifter is wider does that mean the roller is wider and therefore there needs to be a different type of cam?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

look at Comp cams website at there solid roller setups Endurex solid rollers have been in my 402 for 3000 miles just pulled the engine last week and it they still look like new
Old 07-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Two more questions. When do you run an offset? Do you want like bars and what type?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bp944
I'm looking at switching over to a solid lifter setup. What is the widest solid lifter you can put in a ls2 block? I think the stock is .842, so what do you need done to run a wider diameter? What is the advantage of going through all that machining? How much shorter is the lifetime of solid lifters rather than hydraulic lifters? Does the width improve that life drastically? What is the cost on the machine work needed? If the lifter is wider does that mean the roller is wider and therefore there needs to be a different type of cam?
It all depends. No easy answers for any of those questions. bigger lifters are more durable and definitely last longer but you can use weaker profiles that will last very long with the .842 lifters. Yes the cam is different for a larger roller lifter.