Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough idle question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough idle question

ok I'm getting no hits with my last thread so here's my true question, I have a rough idle knock sensor code is thrown cuz of the idle but both sensors are new I have new plugs and wires just replaced my air pump had my computer reset , I don't know what else could cause this please helppp
Old 09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What code number is it exactly? P0300 for multiple random misfires or one of the other more specific/narrow codes?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

are there any mods done to the car? If so, please list them. Anything happen lately while driving? Has the car sat for an extended period of time? How old, and where did you get the last tank of gas from?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

well the car is an 02 camaro z28 I just replace the plugs , new wires I modded the exhaust I'm thinking that could cause some of it , but don't really know it has 58900 miles more less, thats all really oil and filter is good , I just changed the air pump because that went out , thought that was the main problem, I just went to auto zone and there reader wouldn't link up , so I don't whats going on
Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default goto autozone

goto autozone , get a free scan if you dont have a scanner and tell us what the code # is!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

thats the thing I did and there scanner wouldn't link up today I don't know what the hell is going on , I have a buddy that has a $5k car computer that reads every thing see if he can see what codes are thrown .
Old 10-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

ok now I got the codes over my few days off found out my bat was bad replaced that but in turn found out i need to replace my positive side was so corroded that I ended up striping the head of the bolt , any ways the codes that are showing is p0410 this one came up twice and p0327 I just had both of the knock sensors replaced 3 months ago . so I don't know. The air pump is brand new and I just replace the relay for it today . I really don't know what else to do please help me