Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove ram air or keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove ram air or keep it?

I'm looking for some opinions on whether or not I should keep my ram air setup or go with a CAI unit? What will give me more horsepower?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Launching!

I have heard that a ram air set up dose no good till a min of 80 mph or better. This is due to the fact that till 80 the motor is sucking more air in through the intake then what is forced into it. If that makes any seance to anybody.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure I have your answer regardless, but I can tell you for sure you'll need to provide more info to get any kind of answer, starting with what your car is (Corvette, Firebird, Camaro, LT1, LS1, V6, WS6, SS, etc.), what kind of ram air (stock WS6 hood, stock SS hood, SLP, Chris1313, Fast Toys, Super Sucker, etc.), & what kind of cold air intake you're looking at going to, etc.

I've found that it really helps a bunch if you go ahead & fill out your car info in your signature, that way whenever you post you don't have to repeat all the details, they will just always be there.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Davey G
I'm looking for some opinions on whether or not I should keep my ram air setup or go with a CAI unit? What will give me more horsepower?
since u used the term "ram air" im gonnna assume u have a ws6. i would keep the setup if i were u. when i de-baffled the hood and added the JAAM ram air kit i was able to feel a difference in highway passing power. even at 60mph there was a difference because even though there isnt more air being rammed into the engine at this speed than the engine is actually sucking in, it still has the affect of helping to more easily get the air into the engine. kinda like running with the wind rather than against it. its just simple physics really. theres no way that the ram air doesnt help especially after doing the two mods i told u about. the debaffling and the jaam.