Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01' A.R.E. stg2 heads ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:17 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first ARE H/C set up dynoed 373 RWHP 370 RWTQ back in 2000, that's when the only option for tuning was Ed Wright mail order which left alot to be desired.

After trying to make the car run the number I called Nick and he told me to send the heads back for an update, he also swapped my cam, with that and an LS6 intake the car picked up 32 RWHP and 10 ftlbs and also picked up under the entire curve as well.

Dyno numbers were 405 RWHP 380 RWTQ and that was on a conservative dyno.

Ran consistent 11.5's @ 119-121 MPH with a 3550 lb raceweight.

The car will make over 400 RWHP with the revised heads.

Good luck!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ARE stands behind their customers 100%! They have handled my situation about the old set of heads with the best customer service I have ever seen! They replied to my PM's VERY quickly and Nick was very much willing to help me out. I know they didn't have to do this and that alone makes me want to stick with ARE for aslong as I keep racing!

thanks ARE/Nick,
Rick
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Default Where did Nick Agostino go for a while ?

Nick
I was just wondering , You said in a earlier post that you were back but in a different manner to help. Do you still own ARE ? Im glad your back because I almost decided that I was going to take my 2002 WS6 M6 to ...................... LINGENFELTERS, to far away.

Anyway this is great news.

Also, who makes Grottyohann Headers? is there a website?

P.S. if you need to borrow my car to test out some goodies, let me know.
Can I keep the goodies?

Burlington , Ontario

Last edited by wildta; 02-05-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wildta
Nick
I was just wondering , You said in a earlier post that you were back but in a different manner to help. Do you still own ARE ? Im glad your back because I almost decided that I was going to take my 2002 WS6 M6 to ...................... LINGENFELTERS

Anyway this is great news.

Also, who makes Grottyohann Headers? is there a website?

P.S. if you need to borrow my car to test out some goodies, let me know.
Can I keep the goodies?
Yes I am back with ARE. Sometimes there are things in life that make you kind of stop and look around before you carry on(your health). Not wanting to sound like an Ahole but these are private things and am happy to be back helping the ARE team!

We can always use a good test car
Old 02-05-2004, 11:52 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Grotyohann header design is now available in a header made by both Quick Time Performance and Thunder Racing. There are likely some new departures from the original design, but those should be a bonus.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
My first ARE H/C set up dynoed 373 RWHP 370 RWTQ back in 2000, that's when the only option for tuning was Ed Wright mail order which left alot to be desired.

After trying to make the car run the number I called Nick and he told me to send the heads back for an update, he also swapped my cam, with that and an LS6 intake the car picked up 32 RWHP and 10 ftlbs and also picked up under the entire curve as well.

Dyno numbers were 405 RWHP 380 RWTQ and that was on a conservative dyno.

Ran consistent 11.5's @ 119-121 MPH with a 3550 lb raceweight.

The car will make over 400 RWHP with the revised heads.

Good luck!

Well i weigh 3900 pounds if i could run 11.9's@ 117-118 at that weight i'd be HAPPY!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 03:50 AM
On The Tree

Here's a few other people on this link that want to say welcome back:

web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=220492&referrerid=9596
Old 02-06-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick Agostino
Yes I am back with ARE. Sometimes there are things in life that make you kind of stop and look around before you carry on(your health). Not wanting to sound like an Ahole but these are private things and am happy to be back helping the ARE team!

Totally understandable. Sometimes when a person stops to take a rest and enjoy life, they tend to come back better and stronger than ever. I did the same as you last summer , took time of work,enjoyed my car, now everything feels better. I totally understand and respect your privacy. Welcome back.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nick Agostino

Welcome back Nick; it's great to hear from you.

The car's coming to you in a couple of weeks for some warranty work and some tweaks. Wade's been very helpful and I'm looking forward to the changes. Hope to talk with you as well.

Eric
Old 02-24-2004, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Default Little update

I knoooooooow i haven't gotten the heads back yet, and by no means am i "brown nosing"...... but- being that this will be my biggest mod to date, its safe to say i have had several questions (regarding the heads, when he recieved them, when i'll have them back, etc, etc) anyway everytime i pm Nick- he responds right away with an answer to my questions and i just figured i'd post about it, the people on here that have had experience with $HITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE im sure can appreciate what im saying anyway, the next time i post in this thread will be my before and after dyno results- WITH TRACK TIMES!