Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice work
Old 01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering, what exactly is this crossover cover for? I got to thinking that my plate doesn't have the void in it like the factory one. It will still have the gasket under it so some fluid could flow but not nearly as unrestricted as it could with the factory cover. I noticed some people run an oil cooler off of this location so I can't help but think that all of the oil pumped by the pump is going through this small crossover. I dont want to introduce a huge restriction and burn up the motor.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raven154
I was wondering, what exactly is this crossover cover for? I got to thinking that my plate doesn't have the void in it like the factory one. It will still have the gasket under it so some fluid could flow but not nearly as unrestricted as it could with the factory cover. I noticed some people run an oil cooler off of this location so I can't help but think that all of the oil pumped by the pump is going through this small crossover. I dont want to introduce a huge restriction and burn up the motor.
Same thoughts here, all covers I've seen have a passage cast or machined into it for oil to flow from one port to the other. Wouldn't be too difficult to alter your plate, it looks thick enough...

Quick Reply: Low oil pressure after break in