Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP BOLTS, STUDS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ARP BOLTS, STUDS Questions

well first off, i doing a completely over haul on my motor (ill have a complete build-up with pics when its ready to go back in the car) basiclly im wanting to stud the main caps and rods.

now for my first question, what is the differents btwn "ARP 2000 Pro-Series LS1 "Cracked Rod" Connecting Rod Bolts" and "Chevy LS1 High Performance Series Rod Bolts"? this is from vengence racing website.

also, which ones would be better to go with?

im wanting to keep the stock crank, rods and pistons. im wanting to keep the motor NA and will most likely never boost or nos the motor (jsut not a fan) i was also thinkig about putting head studs in also.

do i need to have a machine shop put the studs in or can i do it my self? the way it seems it cant be much different then changing out studs on a yamaha banshee when going from the stock head to a coolhead (if anyone who knows what im talking about)

thanks for any info, and if i so happened to confuse anyone, please ask me what the hell i was talking about
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

id say put the money into arp bolts yes a mech shop has to do it as the block with need to be machine to the new bolts.

With the money saved going from studs to bolts do aftermarket rods

Wait i just reread it how are you doing a complete overhaul and keeping the stock pistons ? i think u better rethink your plans and tell us what your trying to do before you waste a bunch of money
Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Just hobby drag racing. Not out to the absolute fastest, not out to beat everyone. Just out to put down some good times and have fun. I was wanting to stick with the bottom end parts (but new bearings and rings) Bc everything still looks in really good shape after I took everything to my buddy's shop and used his hot tank to clean everything. Like I said since I won't ever nos or FI the car I figure the low end would hold up for sometime with ARP bolts and studs. I maybe going with a set of trickflow head/Vengence racing setup but that depends on what I find out today. Otherwise I'll be using the stock head for now and not sure on cam yet
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

nothing..........
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The block really should be line honed and cylinder honed for the main & head studs if you decide to use them. Also the big end of the connecting rods will probably need to be honed if you use the ARP rod bolts.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry ive been working alot. but plus one to do it right so it will last will take more then just bolting a few things together. using the stock old pistons are also a bad idea
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Mmmk. Thanks for the info. I was thinking about having everything honed just forgot to post it. After 155,000 miles probably not a bad idea. Right now I'm trying to find a shop around my area that know LS1 motors. I know there are shop I can ship it to but I have no clue on how to pack up and ship somethin that big