Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swicthing from a Ford Terminator to an LS6???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swicthing from a Ford Terminator to an LS6???

I have had a preference to Fords and MOPARs for years and have just switched to a kit car with a LS6 and have some questions. I am unfamiliar with the LS6 but do know it is a good engine.

The car was built in the early 2000s with LS6 crate motor from what I understand.

How can I tell what year my LS6 is?
Did they all come with 405 hp?

The current ECU and wiring Harness could be replaced, the current looks very customized and patched.

I saw GM Parts now offers ECU/harness package but I don't see one specified for the LS6. Will a LS1 ECU/Harness from GM part work?

Is there another option/vendor?

The car will need to pass emissions so it will need cats and O2 sensors. I'll also need cats, any recommendations.

I guess that is all I have for now. I'll start reading through the threads.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

companys like painless and many others, (im sure some sponsors on the site too) all make harnesses for the ls engines. they also have the ecu and lots of other stuff to hook you up with also. as for cats im not sure but someone like magnaflow or the like. or hack up a stock set and make them fit to your needs. I beleive that the ls1 harness is the same as the ls6 harness so yes it would work. as for the pcm im not sure if the tune for the ls1 would be good for the ls6 or not but you could have it retuned without too much hassle if thats what it would take.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Teching In

As far as the Hp goes on the LS6 motors. The 01 LS6 motors are rated at 385HP and 02-04 LS6 motors are rated at 405HP. I wouldnt really be to concerned with the 20 hp difference if your gona mod the motor extensively and change out the cam.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll check out Painless. I'll continue to post back to this thread as I progress in the case this can help someone in the future with a similar scenario.