Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Rattle, P0327 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Strange Rattle, P0327 Code

I have an issue at the moment that just won't go away.

I started throwing a P0327 code and followed the diagnostics process to resolve it. At this point I've replaced both knock sensors (the front one 2x now) and the harness. Everything checks out with a multimeter so I am left to believe my engine noise is tripping the code. I have 135K on the car, a Lid and K&N filter are my only mods. Fuel pressure guage is showing a solid 60psi at idle and 55psi under throttle. Oil pressure is solid at 40psi hot... I have seen it drop under acceleration when I get about 1 qrt low on oil. Since I tend to get aggresive during the summer with a lot of time above 3000rpm (running some curvy backroads) I tend to lose oil frequently. I also found a lot of oil that was sucked up into the intake when I had things apart.

Plugs are new (600miles on them) and were gapped .05, wires have maybe 10K on them.

I have pulled and checked each rocker and pushrod and everything in the top end appears to be good. Nothing showing in the oil and the noise never goes away (I drive 1hr+ during commute each way) and it's there at startup and when I get home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6xfgLZJY60

Looking for any and all advice... today a guy mentioned the timing chain but after some digging I can't find anyone that has had timing chain issues so I am hesitant to go down that road without reason. Getting close to yanking the motor ... unfortunately this is my daily driver and I am not convinced it's time to tear it apart just yet.

I will be monitoring this thread and updating so please feel free to shoot questions and give your thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 03-28-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Strange Rattle, P0327 Code