Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam info needed please?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam info needed please?

Does anyone know of a site that can educate me on the specifics of a cam. I'm not totally nieve to what all the numbers on a cam sheet are but I want to be clear on everything before I purchase a cam I believe to be best for my application.
What I'd like to find is a site that guides me through selecting the intake/exhaust lift, duration, overlap etc that best suits me.
I've been doing searches here but I can't seem to yeild what I need. If someone knows of some other info that can help it would be greatly appreciated.
For the record I have a 99 Trans Am A4 with Macs, y-pipe, Magnaflow, Direct-Flo and a buch of suspension stuff. It's important that the cam pass emissions, not necessarily need a tune but benifit from one when I can get the car to a tuner (I'll probably need to drive it there which is 300 miles away) and have a nice lope to it at idle for that bad *** muscle car sound.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Brett
Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Launching!

220/220 .553 114lsa or if your a betting man..224/224 .561 114 lsa

I have similiar concerns being from an emissions state like NJ and I am chosing to go with TTP's 224/224 114lsa setup.

I'm going with the crane dual spring setup that ttp offers as I believe the durability, reliability are worth the few extra dollars.

Peace of mind for an extra 150 dollars is money well spent. I like how TTP offered me that option..

Can't wait till it installs!

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:33 PM
wrencher

Well you have to start with basics,& then the imputs for your specific application(i.e. here)
look at this www.compcams.com/Technical/TimingTutorial/
What kind of emissions up there?
If it is tailpipe it will limit you on your choices.
I'd start at 224/224 on a 114, w/ a good tune that'd prolly be what your looking for.