Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex V.2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex V.2 cam

Why do you not recommend REV1116 springs?

I'm still trying to figure out how you can fit this cam(242/248 .609/.612 110LSA) on stock heads without flycutting.

My heads have never been off the car,will this fit without issue?

will this cam make 400rwhp in an auto unlocked?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all in the valve timing. You can make cams bigger than this fit with the right events. He did say that it was as close as you wanted to get if your heads are STOCK. If they have ever been decked in the slightest or bigger valves installed, your clearence will be to close.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have heard to many bad things about rev.springs.
the cam will fit and work great if and only if you set up the valvetrain properly. if you get this cam ill tell you what parts to buy to set it up or you can call jason at thunder. i just installed the valvetrain for mine last night.
if you screw up the setup you will be screwed, so make sure you know what you are doing before attempting it.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Banned

There have been a few incidents with the REV springs, that's why Thunder nor TTP recommends to use them. We prefer the Crane's, work out to be a bit more expensive but a better spring.

- Matt
Old 03-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
It's all in the valve timing. You can make cams bigger than this fit with the right events. He did say that it was as close as you wanted to get if your heads are STOCK. If they have ever been decked in the slightest or bigger valves installed, your clearence will be to close.
I have Ross forged pistons with valve reliefs. My valves are 2.02/1.60. Would this cam work with my setup? The bad part about going with this cam for me is the espense of changing rockers and valve springs. I have 1.8 rockers and Rev springs, which both seem to be a no-no. Has anyone installed and tested the cam yet? I was following the other thread about the install but it seems to be on hold for now.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:55 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smokin ... did you get this badboy cam installed yet?

Also, could you PM me a list of the extra tools you needed and maybe a short description of what you did differently than what you would do for a normal cam. I have installed 2 cams into my car now, but both were single stock sized springs, and I didnt have to worry about any clearance issues.

Thanks