Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make 440 RWHP on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it should be also noted that it also has a smallish cam. 231 duration intake lobe. makes for a great tq curve.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
Not too shabby for that kind of horsepower but how does it drive? Plus you didn't mention any if you had a manual or automatic tranny. At some point you'll have to upgrade those parts very soon if you're truly going all out.

Still nice to have all that power at all times every time!
M6, all stock drive train. I plan on losing my clutch first, shortly followed by my drive shaft and or pumpkin, especially since I just received my ET Streets today. Ill just ride it out until its needed, hopefully not too soon.

FI may have been somewhat cheaper but i really wanted that NA feel.

Posting Dyno results soon.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by schmendog
FI may have been somewhat cheaper but i really wanted that NA feel.

Posting Dyno results soon.
NA, FTW! Nice combo, has to be fun on the street. I heard those guys do pretty good work
Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Old 06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You got pretty screwed as well. 3k for a cam swap???????????????!!!!
No I didn't that's installed and tuned. Headwork to 241s and alot of other stuff including coated pacesetters y pipe and stall back when I was auto.should have included that in the description.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Virginia speed or it's followers can say what they want. I guess the market in the atl area is more competitive. A buddy of mine got almost the same build on his ls2 for 7500 from vengeance racing. I think that's overpriced fwiw which is probably not worth jack to you high rollers lol.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

Originally Posted by schmendog
Hey you want to do a friendly run with two Va Speed built cars?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Why does anyone give a rats *** how much dough the OP spent? My Vette will make similar power to the OP but I'm spending a ton less cash, and my NA build has more to it. My point is, I can care less what the OP spent because its not my money. I know how to make that power for a lot less bread, good for me.

On the other hand, hope the OP is happy with his build and enjoys it to its fullest. Nice combo!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Damn that's alot... I have Texas speed 2.5 ls6 heads complete ($1534) and a fast 90/90 ($1000) and a custom grind eps cam, stock internals and made 454rwhp... and thats with stock size lid and speed.density tuned ( not my choice, maf took a **** on me..)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Why is everyone complaining about how much the OP spent? What many people are forgetting is that it costs money for people to install the parts. Not everyone can do a cam swap or head swap or has the means to do it. Did he do what I would do, no, but to each his own. I like the pre and post install dynos he did, it is nice to see actual gains in a thread. Are there other ways to make that much power sure, but he did go with some good high quality parts.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

How can you compare 241 heads and pacesetter headers to his set up? Trickflow heads alone are over 2000, thats anywhere. Add the cam and valvetrain parts, roller rockers, oil pump, timing chain ect is another 2500+. Figure in quality headers and bolt ons and your getting up there. Then you have to pay to install and tune it. So to say he paid too much is simply not true.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

is the OP happy?is the OP quick and fast at the strip ?that is all that matter.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
How can you compare 241 heads and pacesetter headers to his set up? Trickflow heads alone are over 2000, thats anywhere. Add the cam and valvetrain parts, roller rockers, oil pump, timing chain ect is another 2500+. Figure in quality headers and bolt ons and your getting up there. Then you have to pay to install and tune it. So to say he paid too much is simply not true.
Its never been proven kooks are better headers. Amd im sure u think 241 heads cant make power on par with this. The internet owns you. Trickflow heads are not worth the price. He put his invoice out there, so of course it has become the focal point by me and others.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Its never been proven kooks are better headers. Amd im sure u think 241 heads cant make power on par with this. The internet owns you. Trickflow heads are not worth the price. He put his invoice out there, so of course it has become the focal point by me and others.
Of course the GM heads can be on par power wise with Trickflow heads. But when you buy TFS heads, you buy quality. 241 heads are not comparable to TFS heads when it comes to quality. That cannot be argued, it's proven. When that kind of quality is wanted or needed, TrickFlow's are worth the price.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Launching!

If u had a point r6 I would acknowledge it. What quality? ?? Heads are designed to make power. You point well, you don't have one.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Virginia speed or it's followers can say what they want.
Well good, then as a Virginia Speed "follower" heads up....

I guess the market in the atl area is more competitive. A buddy of mine got almost the same build on his ls2 for 7500 from vengeance racing. I think that's overpriced fwiw which is probably not worth jack to you high rollers lol
I always find it amusing when someone releases the amount invested in a part or procedure and it intiates a response from the price savvy experts who come crawling out from under their rocks to contribute their worthless thread jacking .02.

Quite frankly, no one gives a rip what you (or your girlfriend) spent somewhere else. Too many variables in considering cost, but there might be some people out there to say they wouldnt spend half what OP did where your buddy did. Does it matter in this thread? Nope....

OP bought a package from one of the top shops in the LS community....his money, his choice, his car....so what's the problem? I'd say quit your job at McD's then you can play with the "roller" too
Old 06-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Well good, then as a Virginia Speed "follower" heads up....

I always find it amusing when someone releases the amount invested in a part or procedure and it intiates a response from the price savvy experts who come crawling out from under their rocks to contribute their worthless thread jacking .02.

Quite frankly, no one gives a rip what you (or your girlfriend) spent somewhere else. Too many variables in considering cost, but there might be some people out there to say they wouldnt spend half what OP did where your buddy did. Does it matter in this thread? Nope....

OP bought a package from one of the top shops in the LS community....his money, his choice, his car....so what's the problem? I'd say quit your job at McD's then you can play with the "roller" too
As far as being thrifty and trying to save here or there, hey that's just me but I'm not made of money that's for sure. I def didn't crawl out from any rock either dick, I post all the time. I don't work at mcdonald's either, I'm a technician for a multi-million dollar manufacturer of Mercedes Benz and Bmw suspension and sub frames.

I'm sorry that you have nothing more to contribute to this thread than to try to cut me down. Have a good day.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

As far as being thrifty and trying to save here or there, hey that's just me but I'm not made of money that's for sure. I def didn't crawl out from any rock either dick, I post all the time. I don't work at mcdonald's either, I'm a technician for a multi-million dollar manufacturer of Mercedes Benz and Bmw suspension and sub frames.

I'm sorry that you have nothing more to contribute to this thread than to try to cut me down. Have a good day.
Everybody like's to save a buck, me included. You come in here, post up OP spent too much, you're buddy spent less somewhere else, criticize a vendor and I'm a dick

Go away troll with all your 185 posts...thanks for your resume too! No one gives a ****....

To the OP....sorry about the mess.

Last edited by LPE 403; 06-18-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

If u had a point r6 I would acknowledge it. What quality? ?? Heads are designed to make power. You point well, you don't have one.
Making power isn't the only objective with aftermarket heads. Trickflow heads are much stronger and the design absolutely trumps the GM design. That's my point, I thought it was very obvious. I guess you couldn't acknowledge it because you don't understand. Do some research and learn a few things.

TRICKFLOW 215 HEADS ARE BETTER THEN GM 241/243 HEADS. Yes, it's proven. Hopefully you see my point now.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

the trickflows are supposed to be the top high-end performance heads, just like any product, the top high-end always costs a lot more than the medium high-end product and doesn't give as much best bang for buck as the medium high-end product i.e. ( the price increase isnt worth the performance increase), but if you want the best of the best you gotta pay. Don't go on saying the OP got ripped etc. each is entitled to his own opinion, and budget.

To the OP, that was informative, thanks.

Quick Reply: How to make 440 RWHP on LS1