Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor is in just a few things to fix now

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor is in just a few things to fix now

Well I have the motor in the car. Last night after cranking it a few times with out the injectors in to get oil presser. I plugged them and in started up right away. I was so happy with it. The cam sounds good and ideals very well.

After letting it run and get up to temp. I go to pull it in the garage very hard to get in gear. When I do get it in gear with the clutch all the way to the floor it creeps forward. Like the clutch isn't all the way in. Any ideas. Its the spec stage 4 clutch. didn't chang anything from last time. didn't even take out the trans.

Now to today. I put a new battery in the car because it died and didn't take a charge. i go to crank it nothing happens. The instrument panel goes crazy when I push in the clutch. It will not let the car crank or even click the starter. im lost on this.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

As far as the clutch problem it sounds like there is air in the system. The clutch isn't releasing all the way which is why it creeps forward and it hard to get into gear. Do you have an adjustable M/C? I would bleed the clutch and go from there.

As far as the battery double check your connections. A loose ground can cause all sorts of problems. There might have been a connection that was "just tight enough" and when you took the battery out the cables probably moved and now it isn't tight enough. Start with your battery cables on the battery, then grounds and I would also check it at the starter.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ground on the block was messed up because i painted it. haha fixed that. now to check the clutch.