Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this may sound stupid

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default this may sound stupid

this may sound stupid, but my mechanical knowledge goes as far as knowing how to change oil and rotate tires. when installing a stroker kit, do you have to pull the heads off? im asking this because as i was bored today i started thinking how far i want to mod my car and a 383 is what i decided. pondering the money factor, would it be cheaper buying the stroker kit, heads, and bigger cam and having it all installed at once or would it be the same price as buying heads and a bigger cam now, then adding the stroker later? obviously the parts will be the same price, but installation wise would it be the same or different? if its the same price i would by H/C to tide me over until the stroker. this wont happen for a while, but it was bothering me thinking about it. help educate me please! thanks.

Brian
Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Yes you have to pull the heads off.

I suggest you search on this forum and elsewhere on the internet on how an engine works before you start trying a serious mod like a stroker kit.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z98
I suggest you search on this forum and elsewhere on the internet on how an engine works before you start trying a serious mod like a stroker kit.
i know how an engine works and what parts do, i don't know how to take one apart and install anything. thanks for the info