Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 215 cnc ported

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a friend of mine ordered the powdered metal guides about 2 months ago,and someone at texas speed called him the other day and told him it would be 4 to 6 months before they could get him a set,so today he called and said okay then give me the bronze guides,and since i have been waiting forever and was just told 4 to 6 months,asked if he could get a good deal on head bolts,and someone there said no because the powdered metal heads could ship out next week.

So either A-people at texas speed are not talking to each other

B-people at texas speed dont know what they are talking about

I really do like texas speed because they always answer the phone and in general know what they are doing and talking about,and they also have great products.

But we have gotten nothing but headaches trying to order heads with powdered metal guides,just looking to save a buck and run nice lightweight stock rockers.We just ordered the bronze guides and said screw it
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

^ Im having headaches thinking about rockers and aftermarket heads. I might just say f it and send some stock castings somewhere to be cncd. Its been nightmare city.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
We absolutely will sell them to you. I am sorry if you were told otherwise. We do try to educate people on the difference between cheap bronze guides, quality bronze guides, and powder metal guides. Unfortunately, one of the big internet crazes is powder metal guides and a lot of bad information is floating around about them due to various sources.

Hope that helps a bit.
can you specify the cheap bronze guides , from quality bronze guide ,, can you specify do you what exactly type of bronze from one to the other,,, ???????

and will bronze guides not last as long or will they for a regular street car with heads and cam and good rockers,,
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

bronze guides wont last as long with stock rockers,with roller tip rockers they will last a very long time
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redtail2426
a friend of mine ordered the powdered metal guides about 2 months ago,and someone at texas speed called him the other day and told him it would be 4 to 6 months before they could get him a set,so today he called and said okay then give me the bronze guides,and since i have been waiting forever and was just told 4 to 6 months,asked if he could get a good deal on head bolts,and someone there said no because the powdered metal heads could ship out next week.

So either A-people at texas speed are not talking to each other

B-people at texas speed dont know what they are talking about

I really do like texas speed because they always answer the phone and in general know what they are doing and talking about,and they also have great products.

But we have gotten nothing but headaches trying to order heads with powdered metal guides,just looking to save a buck and run nice lightweight stock rockers.We just ordered the bronze guides and said screw it
I'm assuming you're referring to Mr. Jenkins order. My apologies for the delay on yall's heads! I was not the one who spoke to you all earlier, although I did process that order originally. I am told that you spoke with Aaron today, and he made the switch to the bronze guides, and applied the $75 credit from the guide upgrade towards your ARP bolts. I am unaware of any other requests or issues there might have been on this. Feel free to PM, email, or call me you feel it was not handled correctly and I will address any issues or concerns you might have.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah the only question i have now is what roller rockers do you guys recommend,without breaking the bank.

Quick Reply: PRC 215 cnc ported