Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

randomly smoking?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default randomly smoking?

Yesterday i drove my car about 15 miles then decided to go back to the shop to wash it. When i got done washing it and went to back it out, it starts chugging smoke, appears to be oil from the color and the smell. When i went to get in it this morning its not smoking anymore. It has done this a couple of other times recently. One day it will smoke, the next it wont. Is it possible that sometimes the valve seals will come off and them some how get re-seated? It has PRC seals on it right now. I had a problem with it lifting 5 out of the 8 off on the drivers bank not too long after them cam swap, but could have possibly been due to install error. I am going to pull the plugs tomorrow and see which ones have soot on them. Anybody else have problems with the PRC seals? Thinking about switching to some Comps if it turns out to be a seal problem again
Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump....ideas?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

i had comps seals on my 799 heads and double springs and they came off 5-6 of then i still don't know why know i have dart heads and were the seals seats they have threads so they are not coming off!! but probably some seals came off and they are moving up and down on the valve