Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gto

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto

I recently bought a 2005 GTO with a Pro Charger super charger that was running great. Now all of a sudden it is running rough, the engine light has been on for a long time and still ran great ( old owner said that since the supercharger was installed it stays on, take battery cable off and it gos away). When it started running rough I noticed that the traction control button doesn't work. I was driving it this morning and as the RPMs built up the traction control flashed on and off on the dash then the engine light als started flashing.
If you drive it without getting into it it does fine, but what fun is that!!!!
Any suggestions??
Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

first i would pull the codes to find out why the engine light is on. It could be on because whoever put the pro charger on and tuned it didn't delete the codes that were supposed to be deleted (i.e. maybe they removed the air pump, stripped the cats, ect...). It could also be because of another issue with the car, maybe something with the traction control system or something else all together. wont know till you pull the codes and post them up for us to help you with.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If the light was on when you bought the car and it ran smooth and now its not I wouldn't think it was because the tuner didn't tune the codes out. I wouldn't drive it anymore until I got a scan tool and checked to see what codes its thrown and go from there. Could just be as small as a bad maf or anything. With T/C on my camaro it shoves your foot up, on my moms old 01 Mustang it would cut fuel and wouldn't let the engine go above like 3k. I'm not sure how the GTOs T/C works but maybe somethings causing the T/C to trigger all the time. I'd start off by seeing what codes are stored and go from there. Good Luck
Old 11-11-2011, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Scratch the MAF sentence, no way its that I didn't completely read your post.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

check the bcm wiring behind the glove box
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Corky took it to a Mechanic. Catalytic Converter needed replaced. He hasn't got it back yet. Groat'sGoat.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Groat's Goat run's fine now. smile on face!