Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cam or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Cam or Not?

So I have been having oil pressure problems at high rpm lately and metal in the oil filter so I am going to pull the motor.

I am not sure if the cam is good or not but this would be a great opportunity to switch.

I like the cam but the drivebility going slow just sucks, I do have stock gearing so maybe that is some of it.

The only problem getting a new cam is I will need to get it tuned again.

I was thinking of going with a custom spec'd cam by Pat G or Geoff. Is everyone happy with theirs spec'd by them? I see some forsale in the classifieds. I would rather not do head or injectors because this motor problem was not in the budget at all.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you would be much happier with a smaller more torque biased cam. Like you said...the slow drivability sucks. Torque = Fun (on the street). What about the StreetSweeper HT?? My EPS is real close to that but I haven't fired the motor yet. You can't go wrong getting Pat or Geoff's specs and I do believe EPS has an edge in their lobe design. There is a reason Pat has you fill out so much info when he specs your cam...he gets you what will work and what you want.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Anything in the upper 22x's to low 23x's range, with EPS or LSL intake lobes and LXL exhaust lobes.
Sticking with something within this range should make you happier!