Sponsored by:

GT11 Cam Input

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT11 Cam Input

Anyone have any input on a Lingenfelter GT11 cam 215/231 .631/.644 118
From what I read on the forum the lift on this guy seems to be a bit much. Also anyone have anything close to that with a video. LPE says it can be installed with their head work and not require headers. Will I notice a difference in sound? Thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BluePoncho
Anyone have any input on a Lingenfelter GT11 cam 215/231 .631/.644 118
From what I read on the forum the lift on this guy seems to be a bit much. Also anyone have anything close to that with a video. LPE says it can be installed with their head work and not require headers. Will I notice a difference in sound? Thanks
We run the GT11 in our basic heads/ cam package. This cam offers a smooth idle while producing good horsepower gains. This cam does not require the use of headers. Here is a video I found. Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQZ19Atx80

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited by Ryan@Lingenfelter; 02-25-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like good specs, the only thing is worry about is how often you'd need to replace valve springs if your daily driving it
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Teching In

That was one of my concerns. From reading the forum lift over .600 is seen as slightly dangerous. The car isnt a DD. Ive had it since new and only have 12k on it, but I dont want o have to rebuild it in the near future. I was going to have the basic package done at LPE, but for the price is it worth it.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

If you don't dd it. I don't see a problem....over .600" lift your springs should be checked every 10,000-12,000 miles, or in your case I'd check them every two years. That's not that bad...with that being said, mine is setup to dd and I'm running .624" lift.

I don't see a problem with it, but just don't like people being un informed when they go with something like this. Spring seat pressure can be checked with them still in the car, just have to pop off the valve covers
Old 02-25-2012, 07:10 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

I would look at an OE LS7 cam...very close, just like every other LPE cam seems to be (they have almost identical profile's of the LS6, LS7, and formerly the LS9). At least now they will just sell you an LS9 cam.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

And no, it is not worth the price they charge to install other people's parts. Anything LPE does can be had at 1/3rd the price anywhere else.

I was a factory Corvette/Camaro tech for years and have seen and installed some of **** you peddle to people that don't know any better.

LPE has always equaled paid too much.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Thank you for the feedback Looks like I will have to give serious consideration to the Livernois upgrade
Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the LPE GT1-1 cam stock heads and valves. I upgraded the PR's and an entire spring kit. The cam is a 229/242/114 w .631/.631 .. I could not be more happier. nice aggressive idle yet still very smooth. before cam i was at 331 rwhp and after i made 394 rwhp.. and on a mustang dyno. not a bad gain for just a cam....i have a post with the dyno graphs and a video.. chack it out if ya like... here's the link..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...seful-tip.html
The following users liked this post:
1hotroc (09-13-2023)
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMM
And no, it is not worth the price they charge to install other people's parts. Anything LPE does can be had at 1/3rd the price anywhere else.

I was a factory Corvette/Camaro tech for years and have seen and installed some of **** you peddle to people that don't know any better.

LPE has always equaled paid too much.
lol, not a fan eh? Well I am pretty happy with their parts and R&D. As for them installing other people parts, maybe certain items but their H/C and engine packages were machined and put together at their shop when I was there last year and the year before that. I guess watching their CNC machine pump out an ported LSx head was a mirage?? I've also seen their 'home built' stuff for sale on other supporting vendors so I guess they aren't that bad right? Their stuff is designed to be used together to get the best all around performance. Mixing and matching parts from different places and shops generally doesn't work very well as I sure you know.
John L. was drag racing and kicking butt on the track while 3/4 of the people on this site were still shitting their pants as babies. IMO he probably forgot more about drag racing and engine builds in one day than many folks will have ever learned in a lifetime. On top of that a good amount of the guys currently at the shop were around then as well and have a ton of top notch new guys now working there too. It is sad that John passed away waaay to early because i'm sure he would have been loving the new stuff.
As for being over priced, that is an opinion for each to decide. I think mine was money well spent, 6 years on my SS build and its still running strong with no problems what so ever. I would hop into my ss and start driving across the country tomorrow morning as it sits right now an know i would get to my destination without worrying about the car spilling its guts every where or not starting in the middle of nowhere.
Sometimes peace of mind is worth the extra money. Plus since they've been around for 30 something years there is a solid foundation somewhere in there i would think- and a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty on a 800hp twin turbo corvette turnkey package? How many shops would stand behind that?

sorry to the OP for the OT grand standing, now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited by Tall Guy; 02-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 461 Likes on 358 Posts

The Lingenfelter GT-11 camshaft ruined the driveability of my LS2.
My low end and mid range torque curve was less and also felt soft.
This was done properly with CNC ported 243 heads plus the correct valve train gear.
Although it did make 25-30hp more than stock cam at peak.
Overall car was sluggish, and after consulting different tuners they all told me the same thing. That is more like a small supercharged camshaft for an LS3 style head with a huge split and wide LSA and that they weren't surprised with the torque curve.
After two weeks I took it out and fitted a 224/224 112LSA camshaft.
And this is what I was looking for all along.
Monstrous torque low down with crazy mid range and top end power to 6600rpm.
The car made 20hp more at peak compared the GT 11 and the torque was way up from idle to the red line.
Lingenfelter make good quality products but their grinds are dated and they use valve train killer LSK lobes from comp.
I might try another one in my next project if they update their product lines.

Quick Reply: GT11 Cam Input