Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prc 215s or advanced induction 243s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
I've never seen or heard of a set of AI's outflowing TFS215s. I've seen where AI 243 heads were flowing 299-302 cfm @ .600 lift, however, even though they flow less than other heads, they produce some of the best dyno numbers.
probably because the AIs flow more at the higher depression a running engine actually sees,not just a static 28" on the flow bench.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have any numbers and sided by side testing to back that up?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TT427
No need to, comparing flowbench numbers is like comparing dynos, we call that " bench racing"
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool thread here and if I had seen it a few weeks ago I MAY HAVE but not sure ordered something different but to late now LOL. I ordered a set of Trick Flow 215 heads off of TEA a week or two ago and having them mill them down to 61cc chamber and I know I have to run a roller rockers but already have them Jesel Mohawks and raised valve covers from Granitelli Motorsports with there wires and have motor and trans out of car right now just waiting on heads. Was told they would be here around the 16 or 17 but don't know what the compression ratio will be but if anyone can give me a clue then feel free to post here or PM me and I am not trying to hijack this thread but it is very interesting.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
No need to, comparing flowbench numbers is like comparing dynos, we call that " bench racing"
I was asking if you have actual numbers at a higher depression. The fact is that everyone is running a slightly different combination (so numbers at different track, with different cars means nothing even though similar) and unless a back to back head swap is done, or you have actual flow data @ higher depressions I don't understand your comment. I thought you had something technical to share.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT427
not AIs vs TFS.
flow #s alone don't tell how good a particular set of heads are.
you can have killer flow #s,but port velocity could be low at the same time,resulting in less cylinder filling compared to another head with lower flow #s but higher port velocity.
and IMO,the OP wouldn't go wrong with either head.both will meet his goals.

Last edited by gtotoocool1; 05-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evans752
Cool thread here and if I had seen it a few weeks ago I MAY HAVE but not sure ordered something different but to late now LOL. I ordered a set of Trick Flow 215 heads off of TEA a week or two ago and having them mill them down to 61cc chamber and I know I have to run a roller rockers but already have them Jesel Mohawks and raised valve covers from Granitelli Motorsports with there wires and have motor and trans out of car right now just waiting on heads. Was told they would be here around the 16 or 17 but don't know what the compression ratio will be but if anyone can give me a clue then feel free to post here or PM me and I am not trying to hijack this thread but it is very interesting.

TEA 215s are in another ball park all together compared to whats in this thread. Nothing wrong with AI 243s or PI 215s but TEA is money well spent to get alittle extra out of TFS heads.

Quick Reply: prc 215s or advanced induction 243s?