Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rollmaster installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question rollmaster installation

Do I need any special tools or anything to put a double roller timing chain on my car? I was reading something earlier that says something about a jaw puller, and crank sprocket puller or something. Anyone with a double roller chime in and let me know. Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 12:06 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you'll need to remove the crank sprocket since you need to install the double sprocket. you can remove the sprocket with the same 3 arm pulley puller you used to get the stock crank pulley off. just convert it to 2 arms instead of 3 and gently and slowly use the jaws to unseat the sprocket. then when putting the new double crank sprocket on seat it as far as you can on the crank snout and then take the stock crank sprocket and put it over the snout and gently tap it to seat the double sprocket.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to orient the spacer that goes on the oil pump output port side correctly so you get full pressure. I can be installed improperly. Take care to be sure the oil pickup tube/oil pump input port junction is done properly to insure that the "O" ring seals. The spacers force the pump forward approx. 3mm so the tube is difficult to get started. I took off the pump cover and removed the DRIVE and DRIVEN gears so I could wriggle the pump around a little more and get the pickup tube into the pump. You then put the gears back in noting the "DOT" on the gear faces OUTWARD. Next you install the spacers and oil pump mounting bolts. It would be a good idea to change out the cover seal before putting the cover back on. Don't snug down the cover bolts until you get the crank pulley on. The pulley hub boss and the seal need to be concentric to each other before you snug down those cover bolts.