Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get multiple issues sorted out.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get multiple issues sorted out.

Last March i bought my z28, since then it has developed a tick in the motor. I pulled the valvecover to find thunderracing pushrods, and bright green springs(not sure what they are, assuming ls7?). Anyway, everything looked okay to me in there, no pushrods looked bent. I'm leaning toward a bad lifter causing the tick.

Due to having to replace the lifter, the whole top end is getting redone. Ls7 lifters, ls2 trays, torquer v2 cam, springs, pushrods, ported oil pump, ls6 intake, 243/799 heads if i can find them. Anything important i should look into while im in there.

Now onto the several other issues im having with the car... for the past two weeks I have been throwing a high idle code(p0507), not sure whats causing it though, no leaks after the MAF that i can find.

When i pulled the intake/tb off to check the gaskets i was greeted by brown, chunky, nasty coolant in the tb lines. I pulled the rad cap and found foamy light brown coolant. I'm not sure whether its oil in the coolant(doubt it, when i flushed it the water had no oil/rainbow coloring), or someone put the wrong coolant in and it was contaminated, i know gree and dex dont mix. Flushed it out anyway though. But once in a while when i pull the cap i still see foamy bubbles.

This brings me to the final issue that concerns me, concerning my clutch sticking to the floor. Its only during high rpm, wot, hard shifting runs. I will have virtually no clutch throw and ill get locked out of gear(normally when im trying to get third). Last fall i changed out the stock master for the tick(huge improvement), however it didnt fix all of my issues. I was told the car had a gmpp slave installed so that should be fine. I bled the system well when i did the master. Dont know what else to look into.

So there you have it, my car is definitely in need of help, she was badly neglected before i got her. Any information or help is greatly appreciated. If anymore information is needed just ask, ill provde anything i can.