Old 03-26-2004, 11:00 AM
fff
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lunati 224

Hi,

I am on the verge of buying a Lunati cam from T-Byrne. It is:

224/224 .560/.560 112

I plan on getting the SDPC Spring kit (springs rated to .600 comes with titanium retainers) and Manley pushrods. This car is my daily driver. Two quick questions.

How is this cam in terms of power in relation to the TR 224/224 .563/.563 112?

How are those springs/retainers/pushrods in relation to the comp 918's, comp retainers and TR pushrods in terms of longevity?

Thanks!

Fred
Old 03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

How is this cam in terms of power in relation to the TR 224/224 .563/.563 112?
Probably dead even.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of those cams! I have had it for about a month. I bought it from Summit before the price went up. I am planning on puting it in my Z the first week in April along with some other stuff.

I did alot of research and called Lunati, TCI, and some other people and they said this cam should work really well with my combination! My car is mainly a street daily driver. I might take it to the track occasionally, so I am looking forward to getting everything together. Should make good power with the right heads, intake, headers, gear, etc.

I also wanted that rumpidy-rump idle which this cam should have.

We'll see! Good luck with yours.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Deeavi
I have one of those cams! I have had it for about a month. I bought it from Summit before the price went up. I am planning on puting it in my Z the first week in April along with some other stuff.

I did alot of research and called Lunati, TCI, and some other people and they said this cam should work really well with my combination! My car is mainly a street daily driver. I might take it to the track occasionally, so I am looking forward to getting everything together. Should make good power with the right heads, intake, headers, gear, etc.

I also wanted that rumpidy-rump idle which this cam should have.

We'll see! Good luck with yours.

I have the same Cam, but I havent put it in yet. prob not till july when im done with school and can get my ape heads.