Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which would be the best to go with for...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which would be the best to go with for...

all around power? Stage 2.5 5.3L heads from AS, or Stage 2 LS6 Style heads? Either set I go with would be accompanied by either the LGM g5x2 or 3 cam. Seen excellent power put down with both, but I am looking for good power under the curve, as well as awesome peak numbers. The car is a street car..will have a 12-bolt with 4.10's in it, and would like to retain driveability for road trips, etc. The cam I have no gives me awesome mid-top end, and some decent low-end, but I have heard that the bigger heads/cam will make my car a DOG downlow, and I'll have to have it up in rpm for it to do anything. Other bolt-ons consist of lsx intake, kooks lt's, full exhaust, and a larger TB. Any recommendations on TB size that would work the best with my set-up? I do plan on spraying on the car also..So I'm sure that will have to be taken into consideration when going with LSA on the cam, etc. Not looking to build a drag car, but something that could pull down 440-450 to the tires n/a, and then hit close to 600 at the tires on a 150 shot, courtesy of Nitrous Express. Any criticism, recommendations are welcome.

Thanks In Advance,
Jason