Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay heads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by showvette
These ARE NOT the same heads as Hot Rod used in their tests. This subject has been brought up in several other threads on this forum, alone. Not to mention the fact that my Fiancee was told point blank that they weren't. Look at the valve sizes. HR heads had 2.055" valves. EBAY heads have 2.02"s. Stop being hard headed and actually go to Procomps web page. The heads they have on their page are sold per head! Look at the price for a set of heads in the Hot Rod article. Sometimes it helps to pay attention to the facts and not try to make up your own. These EBAY heads are junk.

Frank
I see what your saying here showvette. At the same time.This guy is gonna show everyone what they can do.Same head or not. I think their are lots of folks would like to know if their worth a **** or not. Just let him bolt a set up. If their crap im sure hes gonna tell us about it.. He said their going on the car no delay so by all means it sounds like hes got nothin to lose on this.Hes gonna bolt them on try to blow it up on the rollers and we all gain a little knowledge afterwards. Its what forums like this are all about isent it?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarshReality
Here are the facts "ShowVette."

These are the exact same heads www.HotRod.com tested in a LS1 Cylinder head shoot out.

And here is the link to prove it. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...t/viewall.html So scroll to test 6 on the page and look at the flow numbers of these heads they Flow tested themselves.

So either company you had flow tested these heads are fudging the numbers or HotRod.com is fudging numbers or ProComp is fudging the numbers.

And these heads aren't $699.00 each they are sold in a pair for $699.00 Clearly it states sold in a pair at the bottom of the page in big bold red fonts.

Bare heads link: LS1 LS2 LS6 5 3 5 7 Fully CNC Race High Performance Bare Aluminum Cylinder Heads | eBay

Fully Assembly head link: LS1 LS2 LS6 5 3 5 7 Fully CNC Race High Performance Aluminum Cylinder Heads | eBay

When I get these heads next week I'm doing a build thread I am going to have them professionally flowed and graphed. ...they're going on the engine no delay and I'm headed straight to the dyno in Lutz and put it on the rollers.

We are going to see if these Chinese sweat camp labor heads are what they say they are!!
Actually no, HarshReality, THESE are the facts...
I'm the ProComp distributor that Showvette mentioned. The heads you are getting are NOT the same ones used in the HotRod article.

ProComp sells one 'set' of heads on Ebay. Another 'set' of heads on their website. And, another for that article. I have already verified that with the manufacturer, it's one of the reasons mine are going back and I will no longer be selling them. That's why they are $699 on eBay and $610 PER SIDE on their website, and even the ones for that price aren't the ones from the article either! The one's in the article are like $1800 for the pair!

The flow numbers above were not fudged at all and were professionally flowed by a longstanding and well known shop. In addition, ProComp is 'supposedly' revamping their ebay store to make sure none of the heads listed are shown with misleading or inaccurate flow numbers. We'll see ...

Since you have already ordered these, then by all means I will be interested in seeing how you do and wish you luck. I hope they work out for you, really.

But, I won't sell anything this inaccurate to my customers, nor would I put them on my Vette.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

http://store.procompelectronics.com/...assembled.aspx

$610 PER HEAD for the heads on their site. They don't even sell the EBAY heads on their actual web page. The owner of Procomp even told us the EBAY flow numbers aren't correct for that set of heads. Are you not listening? Don't you understand? If these heads were what they were supposed to be, they would be going on our car! You think $749 is a good price shipped? We paid $590 shipped for the pair because she WAS a dealer for them. I would have certainly took a chance on a set of $550 heads if I thought they had ANY chance of making power.

Frank
Listen to me I spoke to the guy yesterday on the phone. I'm not telling you what I think I'm telling you what I know. The guy said they are from the same factory. I ordered these heads because they are chinese city & cheap! Yes pro comp has 2.05 and 2.02 heads.

The 310cfm on the 2.05's and 293cfm on the 2.02's. Well aware if posted the link then you should know that I know that.

I didn't order the 2.05's its too much port for my LM4/4.8 What I did was ordered the 2.02's that are claiming to flow 293'cfm.

I'm sure someone, somewhere on LS1tech has a pro comp head laying around. When I get these heads I ordered we're going to see what is what.

I paid $699.00 + $50.00 for UPS Ground 3 Day. So yes I think its a great price. If these flow anything about +270CFM I'll be a happy camper. And if they flow 293CFM I'll be all smiles!

And if need too I'll order one a pro comp head from the pro com website and I'll do the full FLOW COMPARISON on the flow bench and return it when I'm done with it.

Never the less these chinese ebay heads are on the way. I'll do pics and a complete thread of the heads fresh out the box with every angle you can imagine. And I'll do a before and after of my returns. And I just might go ahead and order this one pro comp head for a flow test. Just to get rid of the doubt.

This way everyone on this forum wins. And if these chinese heads fail to meet expectations then under the band saw its going and I'll measure it and mic it and post a thread for that too.

I'm looking out for my interest of performance for cheap. And I don't mind sharing what I learn. We can all run to these or RUN away from these!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Teching In

I have read all your posts, and yes, you are telling us what you know because what you know is what the ProComp salesman told you as an end user/customer.

However, selling them made me privy to things you don't know because they won't tell you.

Like I said, I really hope you luck out and get a good set of heads for your money, like some other people have. I'm also saying don't be surprised at being disappointed. Because, after all, exhaust numbers are just as important as intake. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DEVetteGirl
I have read all your posts, and yes, you are telling us what you know because what you know is what the ProComp salesman told you as an end user/customer.

However, selling them made me privy to things you don't know because they won't tell you.

Like I said, I really hope you luck out and get a good set of heads for your money, like some other people have. I'm also saying don't be surprised at being disappointed. Because, after all, exhaust numbers are just as important as intake. Good luck.

That's any company sale person you only know what they tell you and then you have to trust. Which is why I like to fact check. The sale person told me they are from the same factory as pro comp. You have to admit the similarities are striking almost identical. I'll document all casting marks as well.

I think I've come up with a fool proof solution. Those cheap chinese ebay heads I ordered should arrive here in Tampa on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning I'm calling Pro Comp and ordering one of their heads for a flow bench comparison against the ebay chinese ebay heads. And document their casting marks as well as flow numbers.

And when I get that information I'm sending pro comp their head back.

And the chinese heads if they don't flow as advertise then I have a 100% money back option.
But I'd rather just cut one of the head open with band saw to see deck thickness is like and bowl area on these chinese heads. And take pictures. So that way everything is on the record for everyone to see and learn from.

sincerely H.R
Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Launching!

In for results!!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Teching In

That's any company sale person you only know what they tell you and then you have to trust. Which is why I like to fact check. The sale person told me they are from the same factory as pro comp. You have to admit the similarities are striking almost identical. I'll document all casting marks as well.

I think I've come up with a fool proof solution. Those cheap chinese ebay heads I ordered should arrive here in Tampa on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning I'm calling Pro Comp and ordering one of their heads for a flow bench comparison against the ebay chinese ebay heads. And document their casting marks as well as flow numbers.

And when I get that information I'm sending pro comp their head back.

And the chinese heads if they don't flow as advertise then I have a 100% money back option.
But I'd rather just cut one of the head open with band saw to see deck thickness is like and bowl area on these chinese heads. And take pictures. So that way everything is on the record for everyone to see and learn from.

sincerely H.R
Will you please take a breath and re-read what I'm telling you?

That salesman can tell you whatever he wants, BUT I'M A DEALER!

These ebay heads aren't just from the same factory as ProComp.
They ARE the same factory as ProComp. ProComp IS the factory.
They are done in California!
"FastForwardAC" is ProComp's ebay store!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly why they look so identical, because they ARE identical.

If you paid with paypal, then the paypal address even says 'lasales@procompelectronics.com'!!

And, when they show up at your house, they are going to come in ProComp boxes! Just like mine did. I made a deal with ProComp to buy the ones in their ebay store based on the numbers!.

You can run whatever tests you want, but what you're getting are ProComp heads and they suck, AT LEAST FOR ME, and I will no longer sell them.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Will you please take a breath and re-read what I'm telling you?

That salesman can tell you whatever he wants, BUT I'M A DEALER!

These ebay heads aren't just from the same factory as ProComp.
They ARE the same factory as ProComp. ProComp IS the factory.
They are done in California!
"FastForwardAC" is ProComp's ebay store!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly why they look so identical, because they ARE identical.

If you paid with paypal, then the paypal address even says 'lasales@procompelectronics.com'!!

And, when they show up at your house, they are going to come in ProComp boxes! Just like mine did. I made a deal with ProComp to buy the ones in their ebay store based on the numbers!.

You can run whatever tests you want, but what you're getting are ProComp heads and they suck, AT LEAST FOR ME, and I will no longer sell them.
Keep calm and hold my beer Bro. I understand now okay they are pro comp heads. We'll listen nothing I can do about it now they are purchased and will show up in TAMPA on wednesday. Thursday morning they will be on the FLOW bench. If the heads are as crappy as you say they are then on the flow bench it will show in the numbers..... I'll just put them back in the boxes and send them right back for a refund. I won't even bother cutting them up.

I can't help but notice you keep smacking my hand when I reach for the cookie jar. I have $749.00 bucks spent these things are getting Bench Flowed when they arrive. I feel like maybe something good can come of this learning experience. And free information for ALL.

I'm sorry that you got burn as a dealer I respect you're opinion and truth.

But I'm $749.00 Deep I'm too invested to turn back now. I have to see what these things flow I won't sleep unless I see it for myself. And like I said anything about 270cfm+ They are getting thrown on my Boosted LM4/4.8 vortec and I'm going to the Dyno to whip it. And whip it real good!

P.S check out my Post comment #49 I found out why you're upset and pissed off with pro-comp bro. U didn't do the valve jobs as required.

Last edited by HarshReality; 04-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

They also told me the valve job was terrible. Not even a 3 angle job.
Eureka!!

After much reading on the pro comp website, the problem with your flow numbers is simple and the reason you're saying the valve job was terrible. Is very very very simple....check this out.

http://store.procompelectronics.com/...V-LS-HIRES.jpg

^^^^ click that link and go to the pro comp web page. The flow numbers they quoted are with a performance valve job ONLY. Which makes since why your flow numbers where in the toilet bro. Which explains why you're so pissed off bro. You didn't do the valve job when you received the heads. (It clearly states "These Flow Numbers are with a Performance Valve Job. These 2.02/1.55 heads don't come with a valve job. You have to do that bro....

Everyone should go and see this.... it's in plain text and simple English.

Bro how do you expect high flow numbers and you didn't pay attention to the requirements?

Part numbers are listed on the part with it clearly saying NO VALVE JOB.

The www.HOTROD.com heads that were tested part number which is PC3017-64VJ valve sizes 2.055/1.60 is the only LS1 heads from pro-comp that comes with the Pro Comp Valve Job already complete. Which is why they FLOW 310CFM as advertised. The valve job is already completed

The 2.02/1.55 HEADS clearly states NO VALVE JOB!!! Which is why your flow bench test looks fudge you're down 23CFM on flow because you didn't do your valve job bro.

Listen bro.... you're welcome.

Last edited by HarshReality; 04-07-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm interested to see some results, I've been looking for a set of 243 heads, but if these are decent, they will be better than buying old, used heads for $400+.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Originally Posted by Quick Ranger
I'm interested to see some results, I've been looking for a set of 243 heads, but if these are decent, they will be better than buying old, used heads for $400+.
I have a feeling these heads are going to be selling like hot cakes now that everyone knows the proper part numbers.

And now that everyone has this new information that you have to give the heads a valve job upon receiving them.

After I receive my heads on Wednesday and have a valve job put on them and flow them. If these things flow 293'cfm or more I'm going to buy a few sets of them and HOARD THEM!!! lol

Next week we'll have the flow numbers as proof to see that's for Damn sure!!

Last edited by HarshReality; 04-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah if the numbers hold true with a valve job, 243 heads value just went down.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

We bought a COMPLETE set of heads. Has anyone ever heard of buying a COMPLETE set of heads that DIDN'T have a valve job done?...LOL Seriously? This is your new argument?

Frank
Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Eureka!!

After much reading on the pro comp website, the problem with your flow numbers is simple and the reason you're saying the valve job was terrible. Is very very very simple....check this out.

^^^^ click that link and go to the pro comp web page. The flow numbers they quoted are with a performance valve job ONLY. Which makes since why your flow numbers where in the toilet bro. Which explains why you're so pissed off bro. You didn't do the valve job when you received the heads. (It clearly states "These Flow Numbers are with a Performance Valve Job. These 2.02/1.55 heads don't come with a valve job. You have to do that bro....

Everyone should go and see this.... it's in plain text and simple English.

Bro how do you expect high flow numbers and you didn't pay attention to the requirements?

Part numbers are listed on the part with it clearly saying NO VALVE JOB.

The www.HOTROD.com heads that were tested part number which is PC3017-64VJ valve sizes 2.055/1.60 is the only LS1 heads from pro-comp that comes with the Pro Comp Valve Job already complete. Which is why they FLOW 310CFM as advertised. The valve job is already completed

The 2.02/1.55 HEADS clearly states NO VALVE JOB!!! Which is why your flow bench test looks fudge you're down 23CFM on flow because you didn't do your valve job bro.

Listen bro.... you're welcome.
Yes, I'm fully aware of what the website says.
However, I purchased a set of heads with the valve job.

The suffix 'VJ' means valve job. I purchased a set of heads that was available only ebay, and no longer available on their website. The part number 'PC3017-64VJ' is for a COMPLETE set of heads WITH the valve job, even though my set was 2.02/1.55. They were being advertised with the flow numbers shown. Remember, I'm a dealer, so I can get things you can't.

Look, I'm not going to argue this anymore. Just know that I'm smart enough to NOT buy a set of heads unless it was COMPLETE, WITH the valve job done.

So, no eureka here, after all. I did my research before I signed up with this company. Like I said, I wish you luck. All I tried to do was look out for everyone else and explain my experience.

And, by the way, I'm not a 'bro'...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

We bought a COMPLETE set of heads. Has anyone ever heard of buying a COMPLETE set of heads that DIDN'T have a valve job done?...LOL Seriously? This is your new argument?

Frank
This is no argument this is just a fact as the PROCOMP website shows. And I'm simply explaining why your flow numbers are in the toilet bro.

PC3016 clearly states on the website “NO VALVE JOB”
PC3017-64 clearly states on the website “NO VALVE JOB”
PC3017-64VJ “Clearly states COMPLETE VALVE JOB”

And believe it or not I know people do purchase CNC heads and work them even more. So it's not out of the question that someone would put a valve job or be required to do more to finish the heads.

Last edited by HarshReality; 04-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, I'm fully aware of what the website says.
However, I purchased a set of heads with the valve job.

The suffix 'VJ' means valve job. I purchased a set of heads that was available only ebay, and no longer available on their website.Do you have the link to these mystery heads on ebay? The part number 'PC3017-64VJ' is for a COMPLETE set of heads WITH the valve job, even though my set was 2.02/1.55. According to PROCOMP website that isn't and was never an option. They were being advertised with the flow numbers shown. Remember, I'm a dealer, so I can get things you can't.I really not interested in special perks of what a dealer can obtain that I cannot. I am only interested in what I am buying. Which is the heads that is being sent to Tampa. No pun intended

Look, I'm not going to argue this anymore.Good because I'm Flow testing these heads that are in transit once they arrive. Just know that I'm smart enough to NOT buy a set of heads unless it was COMPLETE, WITH the valve job done.

So, no eureka here, after all. I did my research before I signed up with this company. Like I said, I wish you luck. Thanks All I tried to do was look out for everyone else and explain my experience.Thanks

And, by the way, I'm not a 'bro'...That Bro was for "showvette" and his POST COMMENT #25 but I apologize if you thought it was directed at you.

I'll give PROCOMP a call tomorrow to see what the jig is about these FLOW numbers and PART NUMBERS on their website. Not because I don't believe you. Just because I'm invested And I'll let them know that I'm a customer and I'm going to flow these heads post the results on the web for the world to see.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

This is no argument this is just a fact as the PROCOMP website shows. And I'm simply explaining why your flow numbers are in the toilet bro.

PC3016 clearly states on the website “NO VALVE JOB”
PC3017-64 clearly states on the website “NO VALVE JOB”
PC3017-64VJ “Clearly states COMPLETE VALVE JOB”

And believe it or not I know people do purchase CNC heads and work them even more. So it's not out of the question that someone would put a valve job or be required to do more to finish the heads.
Are you only reading the parts you want? Their COMPLETE heads come with a valve job.

Frank
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Teching In

OMG, do what you want.

I don't care anymore.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Harsh Reality, thanks for taking the plunge for all of us curious LS1Techers But really, bro, you need to cool down with the bro thing, bro

Showvette and DEVetteGirl are just trying to prevent you from making a mistake. If you won't install them after you get results, then the point is moot and you can return them. But I've been in that boat of trying to help people who are about to make a mistake, I got a little passionate with my responses/arguments as well. Their data and experience is founded, why won't you believe them?

All that being said, PLEASE make sure to dyno before and after on the same dyno! It would also help to see times/mph before and after. Too often, we get "after" results and end up questioning the dyno. I repeat, PLEASE get before and after dyno or I and many others will just believe your dyno results are from a "happy" dyno or some other excuse.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Are you only reading the parts you want? Their COMPLETE heads come with a valve job.

Frank
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS2-LS6-5-3-5-7-FULLY-CNC-RACE-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-BARE-ALUMINUM-CYLINDER-HEADS-/290780725362?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43b3e1c072

^^^^^^^^^^ BARE HEADS NO VALVE JOB BRO. 2.02"/1.55" SEATS 64CC CHAMBERS 225CC INTAKE RUNNERS Bro 293CFM advertising. These are the heads I will be testing.

And I don't understand why you're wifey is upset and acting up like this...when I'm the one that's spending money and doing independent flow testing...Sheesh!

Let's just wait until the heads arrive on Wednesday. Let the numbers speak for themselves.

This thread is getting hostile for no reason. And I would like to make my findings available to everyone so they can decide.

Peace

Quick Reply: Ebay heads???