Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Cup cam 88958606 Help for LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Cup cam 88958606 Help for LS1 Swap

Hey everyone I have been doing some research on this cam setup and I consistently see people stating that it needs the LS6 heads and sodium filled valves.

So I have a 240sx this is planned on going in for Time Attack/Road Racing. Race use only is why I plan to run this cam because High RPM, Low lift, low wear is what I am looking for. I know running the stock 241 heads will definitely restrict the power gains but will I have any issues running with oem valves? I know they weight difference is pretty significant and its 0.6 mm longer for the LS6 valves. If I get new push rods to maintain the current geometry will there be any complications i will run into? I was planning on upgrading springs and chromoly push rods and a set of lifters while I was there. Hoping not to pull the heads until next season.

Is there anything I need to watch for in the mean time? When the heads are pulled next year is it more cost effective to get ls6 heads or port my 241's? Any part recommendations for springs was looking at ls6 or PRC dual springs.

Thanks for you help. Sorry if this has been answered before. But I've been searching for days and everyone asks about daily use and that is not at all my plan.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

That is not a low wear cam, that's an extremely absurdly aggressive cam due to its ramp rates, made to fit a lift criteria for spec road racing.

Look elsewhere, have something custom made.

Quick Reply: GM Cup cam 88958606 Help for LS1 Swap