Sponsored by:

HELP!! No oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! No oil Pressure

Hey,

I have an 04 CTS-V, I recently installed a Cam in it. I noticed when I was finished on it's first start with the new Cam my oil pressure was at 16lbs. when I drove it around the block It never built more then 24lbs. of pressure. I drove it further and the oil pressure dropped to 6lbs. at 2600 RPM and then went to 0 and has been there ever since. I am new to these engines and have no idea where to begin looking. I've read of the oil pump or pick-up being the culprit at times but I didn't do anything to either during the install. I started reading about the dumbbell thing, the cam retainer plate, and cam bearings walking. ( My number 1 bearing looked pretty bad and so did the cam, I used a scotch brite to clean it up and installed the new cam, the oil holes didn't match up either so i pulled the bearing and reinserted it so the wholes lined up you think this could be it.

Thank you in advance,
Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Teching In

I meant "holes" no "wholes" sorry it's been a rough day...
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I mentioned in the other post, check the oil pressure switch first.

The dumbell is not your problem.

If you didnt remove the oil pump, thats not your problem either. I would suspect the cam retaining place as well as your bearing. You say you scotched brite the cam bearings???
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

I concur with the above check your oil sending unit its usually a culprit for oil pressure issues and is not crazy expensive to replace.

Quick Reply: HELP!! No oil Pressure