Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP Rod Bolts and Resizing Rods

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Default ARP Rod Bolts and Resizing Rods

What else do I need to do to install ARP rod bolts besides Clevite P-Series 1776-P resized .002" rod bearings?

I just need to have a machine shop resize the connecting rods .002" larger and install the new bearings, ARP bolts, and good to go for reassemble?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
What else do I need to do to install ARP rod bolts besides Clevite P-Series 1776-P resized .002" rod bearings?

I just need to have a machine shop resize the connecting rods .002" larger and install the new bearings, ARP bolts, and good to go for reassemble?
Well, get the fasteners and have the machine shop install the bolts and check the big ends of the rods for OOR (Out of Round). You may need to hone them, you may not. Seen it work out both ways. Have them checked and then go from there. Don't buy any bearings till you know what your rods really spec out to. It is possible that a rod might be OOR and can't be cleaned up by honing which leaves you assed out on factory cracked rods so you will need to find another rod. Never heard of that happening but it is possible. Only order once you know it's all good to go.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Ok good advice.

Quick Reply: ARP Rod Bolts and Resizing Rods