Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and other questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam and other questions...

Hey guys this is my first post so I understand there is a search bar but I am still confused and would be easier to just ask. To start off I set out a four years ago to build up my G8, Well I was on active orders and between deployments and other stuff i never had time to do the work myself...I would do some research, pick a part or parts...take it to my favorite shops and have them do the work. Frowned on by some but understood by others. Well four years later im looking at breaking 700 hp this week with it. but I have now bought myself a 99 Z28 in pretty much mint condition to daily drive ***and make a second toy with*** so I can keep the miles off the G8, one owner garage kept its whole life. I want to set out to make this a stron roll racing car since the G8 is set up perfect for the track. I am doing research trying to figure out the best combo for heads and cam, and other bolt ons. I decided I was going to do a 5.3 stage 2 head and cam package from texas speed, along with headers and a Ls6 intake and some gears. but i am left unsure about which cam will be best for what I want to do. Thought about the MS3 but people tell me its a higher RPM cam, and i would need to be shifting close to 7 grand. Im not sure how strong these LS1's are reving that high and wanted to know what a better cam option would be. Looking to make power between say 3500 and 6500 rpm. What will be bst for a roll car? {Please explain reason being is that Im doing everything to this car myself this time. I want to turn every wrench and install every part myself in my garage. So im learning as I go and any input on this will be helpful. Thank you for your time
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would probably look for a cam with duration in the high 220s to mid 230s. I have a cam that would probably work nice with that combo. Its a comp xer281hr. 232 234@ 050 595 598 lift 112 lsa. I believe its the same as the texas speed torquer v2. pm me if interested

Quick Reply: Cam and other questions...