Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/Cam Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads/Cam Help Please

Alright guys, I know this is a question that has been asked thousands of times. I'm looking for a more straight forward answer to get me going.

I've got a 01 SS SLP car. 61k miles. Mods are SLP exhaust, including longtubes. SLP lid, Moser axles in the stock 3:42 geared 10bolt, and 315/35/17 Mickeys. I've had the car go 12.8 in 120 degree temps so far. I'm looking for a very street friendly head/cam package. I want to keep my 3:42 to try and save some MPG for longer trips to LS fest ect. I was looking at some of the TSP kits, but thought I'd ask around and see if there is anything better for the money(Trickflow?) Once the heads/cam are decided I obviously need a tune, and I'll use JustTune since they are local to me and do great work. Oh, my end goal is to be deep(ish) into the 11's (450-500RWHP) keep a decent low end, and retain good MPG. Too much to ask?
Also, what intake do I have? I want to say the 01 cars had the LS6 intake... but not positive.

Thanks for the help. Sorry, I know it's a question that has long since been answered.

Bryan
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Advanced Induction or Total Engine Airflow do real nice headwork to stock
castings and EPS or Tick performance can get you the right cam for your goal

Quick Reply: Heads/Cam Help Please